Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Soup - How do you like it?

I made some raw soup today. I hadn't made much in awhile, I use to make it every day. Anyhow, I blended some red russian kale, tomatoe and avocado together and while I was enjoying it I started to think about soup textures. I have seen everything from chunky to very wet and began to wonder how others like their raw soup textures and consitencies? Your perfect raw soup please?!

Mine would have to be...

Inbetween chunky and wet.

I like just enough chunk to chew. Mastication is everything. The digestive process begins in the mouth! I chew my soups, smoothies and juices before I swallow - always. I hope you do too! So I don't do the spoon and swallow - I do the spoon and chew. I like my soups to be creamy and generally always use an avocado in them which makes them creme ala cream! Mmm Mmm goooood! Today I chopped the kale real fine, so there was my chew! I blended a tomatoe for wet, there was my wet! Finally I threw in an avocado for my dream of cream! and a few chunks of avocado to fish for and be surprised with. Hidden treasures!!!

Perfecto!!!

Comments

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

I've made some great soups and some we could barely choke down. I don't think there's any logic to it except almost all our summer tomato soups have been hits. Most of the "misses" have actually included avocado, actually.

• Wow really? Off how so? taste> texture? color?

I will admit, avocado does not always create the fanciest colors for mine. I have heard some of them look more like they are trying to come out the body than to go in LOL but I love my avocados and am focued on nutrition first. Presentation is fabulous but gets ruined real fast once you start eating!

Glad you had luck with tomatoes, they are wonderful. Mmmm heirloom.

• I love Candace's carrot soup recipe on this site! Great with veggie chunks in it too.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I like my raw soups smooth and creamy. When I ate cooked foods I didn't like creamy soups only really chunky ones, strange. I don't like avocado in them either! I like them as simple as possible, just a vegetable a few (very few) seeds or nuts and some spices that bring out the flavor of the vegs. My latest favorite, carrot, yellow bell, little coconut butter, ginger, lime, salt and pepper-fantastic.

• I don't like my soups so thick they are like a smoothie or pudding. I prefer them pretty wet with a few chunks of something for texture or crunch.