Help a newbie? >

I have lots of stuff in my fridge. The problem is I am only newly raw (this week) and need some help. Can I get some ideas? I have been eating salads and raw zucchini pasta with marinara sauce like crazy. I am trying to stay away from high sugary meals. I am intrigued by the idea of some sort of curry dish. I am calling out for help because cooked food is starting to call to me... and I keep running away! Help please!

I only have an Oster blender. No dehydrator, no food processor.

Spices

Cumin

Turmeric

Italian Seasoning

Oregano

Thyme

Rosemary

Curry

My food

Basil

Garlic

Red Cabbage

Cucumber

Zucchini

Dandelion

alfalfa sprouts (little bit)

carrots

Tomatoes

Red Onion

Regular Onion

Celery

Dates

Cashews

Almonds

Coconut

Sundried Tomatoes

Apples

Banana (1)

Romaine (I think)

Avocados (2)

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i think you should definitely make raw burgers. there's some recipes on this site or you can look up ani phyo's raw burgers from her book "ani's raw food kitchen." or you can just make up your own recipe. i use carrots, celery, onion, garlic, sea salt, and sunflower seeds. also, you have to make guacamole with those avocados!! i put it in romaine and make boats out of them. you have stuff to make smoothies so maybe try one with romaine, banana, celery, apple, and dates or some other combination. just have fun with your food!!

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

Tomato soup. PUt a handful of cashews a date or two water, tomatoes, salt and pepper in the oster and blend until smooth. You could add a little basil. There is also a really good carrot soup recipe on this site. It's called curried carrot soup, you have all of the ingredients.

• Sounds good. I am worried about losing weight too. I am pretty overweight and want to release it! Also I forgot to mention I have Kale, Spinach, Red Belle Pepper, Green Cubanelle Pepper, and am sprouting some Chick Peas!

I would love to make a raw burger. Some more recipes would be awesome.

I heard you could put your oven on warm and use it as a dehydrator? Is this correct? I would love a cracker or bread. I don't even care about carbs... was always a meat eater (sorry) but I am finding I am craving a sandwich... peanut butter and jelly... lol

I will gladly take a living burger on some kind of cracker or bread..

FYI

I made Emerald Kale and really enjoyed it. I have to say I am not a big fan of the kale repeating on me; but the flavors were fantastic! Dinner time is coming.. I am really needing some sort of raw burger... going to hunt through our recipes here. =D

I love avocado.. how many per day can I have and still lose the weight?

• susan121susan121 Raw Newbie

Haha I LOVE avocado too Jenn! In my experience, you can eat an unlimited number of avocados as long as you combine them properly. Eating romaine boats with guacamole like Joanna mentioned is a great way to have them (and one of my favorites too!). I guess the most important thing NOT to do is eat avocado with fresh fruit (even though it is technically considered a fruit, it combines as a starch in most cases--- exception: bananas) or any kind of seed or nut.

And WELCOME TO RAW! It's probably the best thing that will ever happen to you! :)