skin.

Kay. so. I was raw for about a week. I fell off the wagon today, probably because of the weather. And I really like plans. anyone with acne please post how long after you became raw your skin was completely clear.

Comments

• erinerin Raw Superstar

Hello sweetteaaa,

I have been close to 100% raw (everything raw except herbal teas, spices, etc) for five or six months. Before going almost completely raw I steadily built up to it. Before I went all raw I had very bad acne. As soon as I went raw, within 1 week, my skin cleared drastically, but it was not completely clear. I still constantly had at least a few pimples. The only thing that made my skin clear completely was going on a no sugar anti-candida diet.

Of course this was my specific problem and may not pertain to you and your situation, but I just thought I would offer that bit of advice. It also shows the fact that just going raw may not be all that you need. You may need to tweek your raw diet in some way. For me it was cutting out sugars, but for others it may be decreasing fats or something else.

Also, if it makes you feel any better, this is my third time setting out on a 3 month anti candida diet. The first time was very soon after I first went raw and just wasn't ready for the second challenge. The second time was March 18th. Since then I broke my diet last week, but am back on and going strong for another three months. So, be strong and get up and keep going. We all mess up and can't be perfect.

Good luck!! Erin

• Thanks Erin, i'm glad that i'm not the only one. I think that I'll have to cut out sugar too because of candida.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

My experience was 3 days 99-100% raw, difference in tone, texture, color.

Within a week, less pimples. Within a few menstrual cycles, the unseen clogged pores lessened. Greater healing time if I do get a pimple(s). Now with less fat, my skin is getting even better. I think you will notice a different within a week. Do green juices. Greens and fruit.

• Are there any fruits I should cut out of my diet for a while? I should know this better than anyone, but I don't. So does anyone tend to break out more when they eat certain fruits? I heard apricots are bad for skin, but I love apricots and I hope it's untrue! Um. I was also wondering if anyone got a growth spurt after being raw for a while, because I'm tired of being five-one!

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

(As an aside, I think heights are taller now partially due to consumption of hormones, NOT a good thing). I grew a half inch when I was 22 when I started doing yoga.

I think with fruit, everyone is different. You might not be able to find out any offenders unless you have mono meals of one type of food at a time. I have found that agave and cacao can irritate my skin.

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

5'1" isn't so bad . . . that's how tall I am ;)

Bananas and dates are probably the most sugary fruits, and you might want to consider cutting those out if you're going for an anti-candida diet--though some say bananas are good for skin. Try avoiding fruits you think you might be reacting to, and see what happens. Grapefruit seed extract can help fight candida, though you shouldn't take it on a permanent basis.

Gabriel Cousens, though I think he's partially insane (cf his theories on tachyons), does have some good recipes for a lower-sugar raw vegan diet. His "Phase 1" recipes in particular. Though with research and common sense I'm sure you can find something that works for you without investing in a book or ascribing to a particular "guru." Best of luck!

PS - according to this article, apricots are good for skin: http://www.rawplus.com/cure_acne.html