Hemp Powder

Hi everyone!

I am looking for some advice...I bought two containers of Hemp Powder to use in my smoothies, however, the taste is just terrible to me. It hurts my stomach and makes me feel unsettled. I would like to use the hemp powder so it doesn't go to waste, so I was looking for some recipes to make energy bars with this as an ingredient. Any suggestions would be very appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• I'm looking for some recipes to use with hemp powder too. It's not something that I like the taste of in my smoothies :-p

• I love these Hemp crunch bars you could make your powder into a butter by blending it with a little raw oil or water

http://www.goneraw.com/node/13539

• I know, Cranberry...that is how I was originally using the powder and it was starting to make me nauseous. I don't know what it is about it, but I am having a hard time adjusting to the taste!

Thanks nancyk70, I will definitely give this a try! I have the majority of those ingredients on hand, so that recipe will be great to try!

• I actually used to make good bars using my own hemp powder. The measurements are approximate and pretty much make one huge batch

1/2 cup ground flax

1/2 cup buckwheat crispies

1/2 cup pumpkin seeds

about 2-4 scoops of the hemp powder (just depends on how big the scooper is that is comes with)

1/2 cup sunflower seeds

around 4 dates

1/2 cup goji berries

1/4 cup golden raisins

1/4 cup cacao powder or carob

honey or agave (just a little)

1 banana

couple tbsp of bee pollen for protein

almond milk

i like to combine the flax, banana, all the seeds, the powders, and the dates in a blender on a low speed so it chops it up nicely, but still doesn't make a smooth mixture. Use the almond milk to thin it out if you have to. Then by hand I combine the remainder of the ingredients and use the almond milk to continue to thin it out (just so its easy to mix).

Then spread out on a teflex (makes 1-2 sheets worth) and dehydrate at 110 or so for at least 12 hours, depending on whether you want them on the softer or harder side.

• Hi Paige4,

That sounds delicious! I am so excited to try it! Thanks for the great recipe :)

• any time! i hope you enjoy it!