Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Need Protein Sources

macanoogiemacanoogie Raw Newbie

What's the best way to get protein while raw? I'm looking for options other than just nuts, and I've been told that edamame shouldn't be eaten raw.

Comments

• Quinoa! All kinds of beans, definitely spirulina, hemp, flax, blue-green algae, pumpkin seeds, sprouts, olives, so muchhh

• hemp seeds

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Greens. Lots of greens.

(Remember "Popeye"?)

• I cheat - but I do a lot of working out, so I use Sun Warrior protein powder in smoothies, etc. for extra protein.

I also use a lot of hemp, pumpkin and sunflower seeds.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

Just load up on spinach and greens. That'll take care of any protein issue!

• mewmewmintmewmewmint Raw Newbie

i read that nuts and seeds are more a part of the fats family of food than the proteins

leafy greens are proteins (though tell that to any meat eater and they'll say "that's not enough protein!")

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I like Brazil nut protein powder added to smoothies. While it is a nut, it has been defatted. I buy it from Natural Zing.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Umm, from my understanding you should not eat raw soybeans. Edamame is soy. I am also thinking that frozen edamame is likely cooked (blanched) prior to freezing anyway. Most veggies are.

• macanoogiemacanoogie Raw Newbie

Really good info everyone - thanks!

• My comment is I was wrong about the soybeans. I bought the same package I have always used and is the only type of soybean available to me and my friend with the youngin and it says on the package fully cooked!!! I thought they were raw....my mistake, Im sorry I gave the wrong advice, but we should always learn from our mistakes, and actually I learned from your question.