Can not chew nori! Anybody else?

valgal123valgal123 Raw Newbie

I have made sushi twice now and both times it was hard to cut and chew. It doesn't break up in your mouth. I was wondering if anybody else has this same problem and maybe some tips? I tried a pine nut cauliflower "rice" yesterday and when i cut the sushi everything gushed out and i couldn't even cut it with a knife!

Comments

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Once raw nori becomes wet it's very soggy, and I find it hard to chew and choke down, personally. With some pates and fillings, it's unavoidable that the nori gets damp, but many restaurants lay down the nori and then a washed/dried lettuce leaf to keep the fillings from making it too soggy.

When cutting a roll, use a pointy knife and pierce it where you want to start a slice. Then you should be able to slice it more smoothly.

• MishimooMishimoo Raw Newbie

A serrated knife if a must when cutting a sushi roll...the piercing technique Suasoria said is also a great tip for you to try.

• May I ask where you got your rice recipe? I'm intrigued :)

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

I personally can't stomach nori. I think it tastes so gross!! I tried making sushi once and everything spilled out. My nori days were over before they ever started.