Why in the world.......

....am I constipated. Since I started the Raw food life I have been eliminating only every other day or so. I am shocked because I only eat plant based foods, juices and smoothies with a few nuts and seeds. What's up?

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

The colon seems to take insult whenever we change our eating habits so that may be part of the problem... I will tell you that mixing nuts and fruits will put the colon into high gear so you will be sitting with the porcelain frequently... Give it time, you have just begun this journey...

After being raw for almost 2 yrs, I am going through the same thing for unknown reasons... Make sure to exercise, drink plenty of green smoothies, lots of fresh fruits and water... If you continue to have problems after a week or so, you may need to have it checked out... But IMHO, I would have to be without a BM for a month before I would have it checked out...

Good Luck with your journey, relax and everything will workout in due time....

• Thanks Waterbaby! I am having a colonic next week so I'm hoping it will work it's way through. We'll see:)