DETOXing.....

So I just wanted to ask you how have you been experiencing DETOX while going RAW, and I mean especially the 80/10/10 diet...??????

I'm battling Candida and have really bad symptoms now..=// At first it got better ....but now.... the Candida inflammations on my body (the ones that were there before starting 80/10/10) began to itch sooooooooo much......=/// And also my muscles are SORE....without exercising a lot right now or so...=//

Well,I've been eating really healthy before starting 811....all raw since August 2008...but well,quite high fat..and lately just before 811 no nuts/seeds but lots of avocados and sprouts...=// well....please help me, sweeties =)

Comments

• Agnes, something else to think of. I found this short email question on "vegsource" that may apply to you. For some reason I couldn't copy the link? So, I cut and pasted it. (my computer skills are a bit lacking, sorry) I didn't find the answer to the link, but still something to think of. Okay, here is the email question about candid on "vegsource." Maybe it will help:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Dr. Doug - Candida and acid fruits?

Date: May 24, 2009 at 6:42 pm PST

Have you found a connection between a high intake of acid fruits and candida?

I have discussed this with others who are following 811 and some have come to the conclusion that the acids in the fruit such as citrus, pineapple and strawberry exacerbates their condition.

Gabriel Cousins and some natural hygienists have mentioned something about how the acids affects the natural microflora balance but I am yet to see anything specific, only ideas.

I would really appreciate your insight on this.

Perhaps this would benefit those who are apparently doing everything right but still not experiencing optimal results.

• Correction to my last post. Here is the link, and there is one reply at the bottom (worth checking out). It looks like the thread just started yesterday, so Dr. Graham hasn't personally answered it yet. You may be able to chime into the discussion and get more help directly from him? Evidently there are others with similar questions about it. Even though I don't have candida I'm going to have to drop back in to see his reply to it.

http://www.vegsource.com/talk/raw/messages/100003203.html

• Agnes, my experience (and opinion) on detoxing may be a bit different from others. I also have not had candida problems. But, you did ask for our personal experiences on going 811.

I've eaten high raw for several months, and did a month almost 100% (there was a family get together in the middle, so I had some cooked food). I'm currently going more 811. I was (IMHO) relying way too much on fats (avocados and nuts and olive oil). I personally feel much better with the low fat, high fruit and greens way. I still have some cooked food (mostly steamed veggies) occassionally. Pretty much cut out the grains. ( I'm not a purist on stuff.)

I've experienced very little bad side effects. Some slight headaches, but not bad. I'm personally a bit concerned if we (by that I mean raw foodists) write too many problems off as detox. I'm not saying that it isn't detox (Lulushka8 sounds like from her personal experience that it will go away and it is common).

I'm just throwing out something for thought. Because I get concerned when we rely on "detox" to explain too much away. This very well may not aply to you- but many people read over these posts months later as well.

I've order Dr. Graham's book, and it should be at my door anytime now. But, I did just watch a you tube video with him in it where he was talking about candida- and I could have sworn he said that it should clear up with in a few days? You may want to punch in Dr Douglas Graham on you tube and see if you can find it? (I didn't save the link)

Are you following the diet exact? I know that there can be a lot of hidden fat in stuff that you don't think of (salad dressings for instance). Cutting out coffee, tea, spices?

• Sistaerbecky..thank you soo much =)

As for what you said bout detox,,,yeahh you're right!! It's NOT ALWAYS DETOX!! Me too have belived all the time (BEFORE 811) that my troubles come from detoxing...but then it came out that I have CANDiDA in my body!!!!! =//// So you should always try to find the cause first...!!

• I read a little about candida just now. I never heard of it before Goneraw. How come so many people on GR have candida? How can I prevent this?