Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Help me! I have the flu for the first time in ever. AND! I have my English final which is a speech t

Any home remedies for sore throats and runny noses to get rid of at least the yucky symptoms would be lovely. I have to do a speech on the last day of school as my final in english and I'd rather not stand in front of the class breathing heavily and sneezing, and having to clear my throat and blow my nose.

thanks much.

Comments

• I am bumping this to the front page for you.

I don't have any suggestions - I have had nearly the same thing for almost two weeks not - post nasal drip, runny nose, hacking cough, stuffy head.

Good luck - I hope you feel better, and good luck on your final!

• Have you tried a netipot? www.neti-pot.com or you can make your own with a tea pot. They work great!

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

I second the neti pot!!! Whenever I feel a sore throat starting, I throw back a couple of drops of Tea Tree Oil, it is not recommended for internal use, but I didn't realize that and am glad I didn't know, it tastes terrible but works.. The soreness goes away in my throat and the junk in my sinuses leaves after the use of the neti pot ... Good luck with your English class speech!!!

• Thanks for the luck! My mom actually threw away our netipot! I don't even know why. I'm going to go with the tea kettle though! And the tea tree oil! thank you guys!

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

sweetteaaa~ Here are some interesting benefits from Basil you might want to check out...

http://goorganicgardening.com/fruits-and-vegetables/basil-powerhouse-of-flavor-nutrition-and-healing

• Apple cider vinegar is good for the flu. This is a great site for at home remedies www.earthclinic.com.

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

I kicked the flu with big doses of Garlic capsules, and Vitamin C, and Elderberries. 2 vitamin C emergen-c packets, at least 3 times a day. It took about 5 days to kick it, but i think it would've been one of those two week flu if i hadn't done anything. Lots of Luck!