Raw Granola, without dehydrator, soaking or juicer?

Hi!

i've tried raw a few times, and am back on it:) Have been for just a few days, but lost weight and feel better already!

I live in texas and am going on vacation to florida in a week, so I am making granola for the trip to avoid fast food and other unhealthy meals/snacks. Problem is all of the recipes I can find take a dehydrator, then others take either juice or soaking of buckwheat. I don't know of anywhere to get buckwheat and would prefer not to soak, but would be ok if its almonds/cashews or something I can get here:)

Any ideas on a really easy good granola??

http://www.goneraw.com/recipe/fabulous-raw-granola - Can anyone help translate this to non-dehydrated?

Thanks so much!! Really would love help!

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

AlwaysLove~ Why not make a trail mix instead??? Mix several of your favorite nuts, seeds and dried fruit together in a bag, shake it up to mix and you are ready for your trip...

Here is my idea of a mixture that you might enjoy...

2 cups of almonds

1 cup of walnuts

1 cup of pecans

2 cup of sunflower seeds

1 cup of pumpkin seeds

1 cup of coconut flakes

1 cup of raisins

1 cup of papaya cut up

1 cup of figs cut up

Or cut the cups in half if it is making too much, or double if not enough... Just a thought that would solve the dehydrator problem... Just had another thought, HEMP and CHIA seed would be wonderful to add. or have in another container as they are so tiny....

I will say that I do soak my seeds and nuts followed by dehydration before I use them...

Have a great trip, I just canceled mine to FL... Boo hoo hoo....

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Waterbaby -- Your trail mix combination sounds wonderful. It's a shame that it will be "lost" here in the forums. I think most people search for recipes in the recipe section only. As a result, lots of good ideas go unnoticed. Why not make a batch and post the recipe along with a pic? I'll be teaching summer school in June (double sessions) and will have precious little time for lunch . . . think I'll make some this afternoon (when I get back home from Florida) to help get me through the next several weeks.

Sorry to hear your Florida trip has been canceled.

• I also make an easy trail mix of hemp seed, bee pollen and goji berries. None require soaking or dehydrating so it's easy to throw together and go. The hemp has protein, the bee pollen has zinc, calcium, magnesium and iron and the goji berries have amino acids, trace minerals and B-complex vitamins.

Nicole

http://thefitnessfreak.blogspot.com/

• Your trail mix does sound great! I was kind of thinking trail mix, but there is something so delicious about granola:)!! I will pick up the stuff and make a trail mix like you suggest though, that is a great idea! Gotta love those coconut flakes..mmmmm!

Thank you!