How many oz?

I don't like juicing, but I love smoothies. Can I do a smoothie feast for weight loss? I am 5'6" and 140 now. I want to lose 10lbs, but am struggling.

Comments

• If all you want to do is lose weight, it should work. The only nutritional difference between smoothies and juices is the fiber, which you don't digest anyway, so you're getting the same nutrition and calories either way. In fact, since smoothies are more filling you will probably be getting fewer calories because you will drink less.

This is not to say that they are always interchangeable. The real difference comes in how quickly and easily your body can digest them. Juices are much easier to digest, so they deliver more nutrition faster and gives your digestive system a rest. This is why juices are used for cleansing fasts.

• but if there is fiber taken out then won't I be getting more calories? I thought that fiber would be good.

How many oz's should I drink? I have a problem, I listen to my head not my stomach.

• I wondering why I wouldn't digest the fiber?

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Fiber is good for carrying away toxins and , depending on what type of smoothies you make, you can receive more nutrition from your fast than plain juicing (again, it depends).

I always make sure I have food/nutrition available, so I would do at least 16 oz. every hour or so.

• WOW! really that much?! I had no idea. I love the kale smoothie with mango, pinapple, banana, kale, ice and water. Would that be a healthy choice? I do have a juicer so I can do both, but I don't think I could drink 16oz of a smoothie every hour. Isn't that too many calories?

I know, so many questions! Thanks for your time and help.

Yeah, 16 oz. was at the low end. But maybe I'm different than most people. I'm 5'4, weigh around 110-115, exercise regularly, and I think I would be drinking more than 16 oz. for myself. Why don't you just go by how you feel? I don't know how many calories it would be for 16 oz. - we'd have to know how much fruit and greens versus water and ice. If it's 1 cup of kale, mango, pineapple, and banana each, it's about 350 calories. Do that 7-10 times per day and sounds like the perfect amount of calories to me!

I love the sound of your mango-pineapple-banana one! Awesome. :)

• Thanks so much superfood2 you really cleared things up for me. I could handle 16 oz every 2-3 hours or so.

Hopefully you get some sleep some of those hours as well. heheh!! :)