very sad

Hi Yall- This doesn’t have anything to do with raw but since I’ve been here a while I thought I would let you all know that one of the puppies I was taking care of died. It wasn’t while I was there- it was while I was out of town- so it was a little easier but it is still pretty sad. She was so cute and was the one my mom was going to keep out of the litter.

My mom called me early in the morning which happened to be my birthday to tell me. She didn’t know what happened but she thinks it just got sick.

I am thinking if I had been there she wouldn’t have died. But it’s just hard to say with puppies what’s going on sometimes. My mom took her to the emergency clinic and they couldn’t help her.

I am going back to take care of the last remaining puppy until Friday when he goes to his new home. So I will be changing my icon for a while.

Comments

• How sad for you… Its normal to wonder if you could have prevented this by being there, but if the vet couldn’t help there was probably nothing you could have done either, sometimes little bodies just can’t make it. Sounds like she was loved while she was with you, making her life better. Hope you do something special and positive for yourself to make up for such a downer on your birthday.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

W. E. so ,so sorry~:( happy thoughts and good wishes your way, hugs;)

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

I’m so sorry to hear that :( I hope that you are doing ok? And on your birthday, that always makes it tough :( I’m sorry…

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

So sad….I will send you lots of love and healing energy.

• Hi Omshanti, Spirited Mama, and Raw Mama! Thank you so much for the kinds words. Also thank you gypsy, you are new so thank you as well for caring. My mom called me last night (Sunday) and said that PomPom had gotten out. Her second puppy had gone to his new home Saturday morning and only one puppy was left. I kept thinking she thought her puppy had gotten lost. I wish there was a way to let them know everything is ok. Luckily my Mom caught her somehow. So my boyfriend is going to go over there today and see if he can find a hole in the fence. If there’s a heaven there’s definitely one for katie and other baby animals.

• Hey writeeternity.. So sorry to hear about the puppy.. I know how you feel I once found some kittens who’d been abandoned and was taking care of them, however one little one stopped eating and kinda gave up.. It really broke my heart we took it to the vet who told us that they can try but in situations like this there is a reason why they give up. Something we can’t see.. I personally think it’s a lesson for us in faith, patience and love… It’s hard when someone or something you care alot about dies, but it’s never your fault and best of all that person/animal never leaves you, you have your memories and love and that keeps a part of them with you always.. I hope your birthday went well/is going well (I’m not sure cause of the time difference) But I wish you a happy day and hoping that the sadness fades quickly… Take care of yourself.. K-Mom

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

Hi WE, I’m so, so sorry. For me, there is little that is harder in life than losing an animal friend. I am sending good thoughts your way.