Fruit Only & Weightloss

Hi All,

i wouldnt say im COMPLETLEY now to raw, i eat quiet healthy but would like to eat mostly just fruit and vegetables as i feel so much cleaner and fresh

now i have been eating SAD for a couple of months now and really need to get my diet back on track as SAD food makes me feel like crap.

have also gaind about 8kilos

for the past 3 days i have been feasting on grapes (they are SO nice at the moment)..all i seem to be craving is fruit right now, my body must be loving it since ive been feeding it crap for the last few months

i need to lose this 8kg that feels like its dragging me down, i would like to do it that raw way and continue (90%) raw for the rest of my life after my 'detox'

im interested to hear your stories on weight loss and eating fruit only

im not overweight by any means, but 8kg heavier than my normal self

Comments

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

Hey Cotton! Welcome!

Okay, I have never done only fruit except for small stints here and there but have always been able to lose weight on 100% raw. Right now I'd also like to lose about 10 pounds and so I'm doing a green smoothie fast. I haven't been as raw as I've liked and green smoothies make me feel soo good. Next week I'll be doing a ten day Master Cleanse to detox and begin 100% raw again.

You'll certainly lose any extra 'bad' fat on raw. Fruit is wonderful! But adding greens will make your weight loss plan more affective. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I didn't lose any weight. But I didn't need to, either. But this satisfies some people's concern about becoming "too skinny." Of course, I use my muscles and eat enough.

• would be interested to hear others stories..

• Hello! I have a friend that did only grapes for 3 weeks and lost a bunch of weight! It was a fantastic cleanse, but left him pretty weak!

What I would recommend is simply 100% raw and incorporating some toning excises followed by intense cardio. This way, you are still eating a balanced diet, and working out and hopefully it will create a pattern/ lifestyle so you wont ever have to "lose weight" again! You'll just be happy and healthy :)

Oh, and by raw I mean like only fruits and veggies and nuts, try to stay away from some gourmet stuff that is just a lot of fat. I could eat fat all day (the healthy kind) but never lose weight and still think I was eating healthy! Ha. Good luck my friend!

• hi cotton,

i wouldnt recommend a fruitarian diet for longer than a few days at a time. it can lead to rapid demineralization, depending on how quickly your body depletes its reserves.

if you want to lose weight on a raw diet, i recommend emphasizing fruit in the morning, tender leafy greens (like spinach, romaine, baby greens, etc), and healthy fats in the evening. keeping things easy to digest is key. pay attention to how you feel after eating... do your bloat up or feel lethargic? i find fats like coconut, avocado and chia seeds easier to digest than nuts and most seeds.

keeping things easy to digest, drinking lots of water and getting a ton of exercise is a definite recipe for weight loss.

hope this helps :)

• kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

hi cotton! i get about 98-99% of my calories from fruit. i get the other percentage from lettuces and celery. i don't eat them everyday though. i feel great now and my energy is through the roof! i've had so much energy that i've been able to exercise more. i've been running, lifting weights and biking like crazy. while i was transitioning and detoxing i lost some weight even though i didn't need to. after 2-3 weeks my weight leveled off at my ideal body weight. your body stores toxins in fat, tissue, etc so when you switch to a pure diet you will definitely lose some fat along with the toxins. you will definitely get to your ideal weight if you stick to it and exercise. and you will feel amazing :)

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

I've lost a good 15 pounds overall after going on a high fruit diet...excess weight that I was never able to lose on any other diet (cooked or raw). I eat lots of sweet fruit for every meal, along with non-sweet fruits like tomatoes and some greens.

Stick with it and you will see more awesome results than just weight loss. :)