My first Colonics....

So guys I am going to have a Colonic done tomorrow. Im just not "going" alot even though i eat alot of fruit. Im so backed up.

So Im nervous. Anyone have any helpful advice before I go?? Im trying to drink alot of water today to stay extra hydrated, but any other advise would be awesome!

Comments

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

I've considered colonics but since my health insurance changed I don't know if I could afford it. I really hope it goes well. Tell me how it is! I know we suffer with bad digestion together!

• Thanks! Yea, i didnt think I could afford it, but it was not so bad. There is a clinic in MO that my friend went to before she moved back to NY. One was in St. Louis and it was like 85 but i cant remember the name.

The other was http://www.transformationswellnessspa.com/colonhydrotherapy.html

in Lees summit? Not sure where you live though, but just so you can see the pricing ;-)

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

Make yourself some apple/celery juice for afterwards. You'll need to replace your sodium and electrolytes. Also plan on taking a bit of a nap after, they are tiring.

• Thanks Wichten!

• Hey Lobo,

I am going to get my 3rd colonic done tomorrow and I have to say I am feeling much better since I started getting them. I was only having a bowel movement every 2nd or 3rd day and now after the two colonics I have one everyday. It's actually very private and the hydrotherapist doesn't even see that much:) There is minimal discomfort if you get a good hydrotherapist. My second was a little more uncomfortable than the first but nothing major at all.

The one thing I would suggest is to only have liquids until you get the colonic. I start the day off with my green juice and then just drink water until it's done. I try to keep the green juices going afterwards so that the cleansing comes from the top too:)

Good luck!

Nicole

Lobo-I'm in Raytown so not far from Lees Summit at all! haha. That actually isn't bad at all. I might consider it. ha Tell me how it is!

• Thanks guys.

It actually wasnt that bad. I was alittle nervous, but your right, they barely see anything. The only thing that gets uncomfortable was in dramatic feeling to have to go once you were filled up with the water. But just as quickly as that feeling came, once she hit release, it went away. I learned alot too, so that was nice. I have scheduled another next week, since we didnt get to release by the small intestine (apparently i had some pretty nice blockage, but i suspected as much!).

I guess since i scheduled another, it wasnt so bad!!

xox

That's awesome! I'm glad you got rid of some of that crap! haha

I'm tempted to do one but not sure if I'll ever have time. I work fulltime and don't even get sick days and very limited vacation days. So my sick days come out of vacation. lame I know

• Yea, i understand! Its hard to take time off from work... Luckily i found out the one i went to in Raleigh is open til 8 and on Saturdays. yay. Its been a few hours, but i actually feel pretty good. Almost not worn down. ;-)