Does anyone know how to make Raw Vanilla from the bean??

Hi I really would like to know how to make my own vanilla from the vanilla bean I know you can Im just not sure How :)

Please Im up for a lesson on how!

Thanks

Comments

• Never mind I found out how!! jUst so anyone else may want to know... for a quart you split 6 vanilla beans and place them in a quart jar then add vodka and let it sit for four weeks or three beans per one pint!! Anyways just wanted to share!!

Or go to this website and they have all you need to do this yourself

http://www.chinaberry.com/prod.cfm/pgc/12100/sbc/12105/inv/11859/tid/207012601

10,000 Blessings

• QTLaylaQTLayla Raw Newbie

Hi ChristianMom

I just posted an answer on twitter... but here it is: Let vanilla beans air dry for a day or so, then grind them in coffee grinder & use the powder... presto...raw vanilla! And this is raw vanilla as opposed to using distilled liquor which would technically not be raw. Since vanilla extract is usually used in such small amounts many raw folks still use it... it all depends on how strictly raw you are!!

LRoderiguesND (on twitter)

QTLayla (here)

• Thank You

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

QTLayla Tried ot find you on twitter but no luck...

Is this the exact spelling??? LRoderiguesND

Hope to see you there... smile

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

thats actually really easy! i thought it was going to be much much harder, thanks :)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

there is a way to do it without vodka or alcohol. just use vanilla beans and water, blend up. it's called "liquid vanilla".