Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Master Cleanse Directions

LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

I'm planning on starting the master cleanse tommorow but I'm a little confused about the recipe for lemonade. Is it true you can't use flouridated water? How much lemonade should you drink each day? I've read different things on different websites so I'm just wondering how other people did the master cleanse.

Comments

• I'm starting the cleanse tomorrow! It'll be my second one.

I haven't heard anything about flouridated water, but I'm pretty sure you mix it with the purest water you have on hand. I use distilled. The recipe is as follows:

Two tablespoons freshly squeezed organic lemon juice

Two tablespoons organic grade B maple syrup (the darker the better)

1/10 teaspoon cayanne pepper

8 ounces pure water

You can drink 6-12 glasses of this mixture a day--usually when you're hungry or craving and in between!

Be sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day---so because of the water content in the mixture, have a couple glasses at least during the day or as much as you want but don't overdo it.

The salt water flush in the morning consists of one quart of lukewarm water with two teaspoons noniodized sea salt. Bowel movements should take place quickly.

And of course in the evenings drink a herbal laxative tea to loosen things up in the morning!

It's recommended NOT to add supplements or capsules to put the cayanne pepper in if it is distasteful. One of the many purposes of the cleanse is to let your digestive system take a break; so adding any sort of "extras" into your body isn't helping it rest.

I hope that's enough info! Good luck!

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

According to Stanley Burroughs book the water should be distilled water. That's what I've always used, and it works fine. I also found cayenne in liquid form at an herb shop. It's a bit pricey, but blends in easily with the lemonade, and I've been using the same bottle for over a year now.

• LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

Thanks chattanoog! That was really helpful. good luck on your cleanse :)

Is it alright to use spring water? I didn't buy the distilled water because I thought you aren't supposed to drink it.

• Chattanoog already knows this but LaEnsalada, there are a few of us from this thread http://www.goneraw.com/node/15086?page=11#comment-122006 that are starting an MC this weekend (I'm starting Friday). Good luck with yours! Let us know how you're doing :)

• yeah I bet Spring water is fine--it's really preference and I used distilled but usually whatever is filtered should be fine! When are you starting?

• LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

My dad and I started yesterday, we're about to make the lemonade for our second day. Yesterday wasn't too difficult but I was sooo tired this morning it was really hard to get out of bed.

• Floridated water is not good for anyone, Floride is a poison and Contrary to what media and many have said you should never use anything with floride in it not even toothpaste, if you go to naturalcures.com Kevin trudea talks about it if you look it up. But distilled or pure water of any sorts is better then floridated water.

• Raw_OrleansRaw_Orleans Raw Newbie

Fluoride is The Media's Sacred Cow... And You will NEVER Every Hear Them Mention it... They would Loose BILLIONS in corporate Dollars if they did... The Media is bed with all of the Most Deadly Corporations in the world... So DO NOT EXPECT TO HEAR 'The Truth" on your TV cause it ain't gonna happen... Check Out the internet for the REAL TRUTH...

Check THis Site out For Fluoride: www.FluorideAlert.Org

• hey I've got a master cleanse question!

I am doing a 14 day master cleanse (currently on day 3). When I woke up this morning I felt horrid-hot and shaky and the mere thought of the "lemonade" made me want to barf. My husband fetched me about 3/4 cup of o.j. and after sipping it for 30 minutes I was able to hobble out of bed and tend to our 3 little ones. I feel OK right now but have still not had any lemonade and am dreading it! I juiced 1/2 a lemon and the smell was too much. Has this happened to others? I went on a 10 day cleanse last summer and didn't have this problem at all, I actually enjoyed the taste.

Also, is anyone else doing a cleanse right now? It would be nice to be able to "check in" with other folks :)

• eatcake- Limes can also be subbed in if you think that might help get the mix down. Sorry to hear your trouble. I am starting the cleanse tomorrow. If you would like to track it on here with me I really think I will need the support!

• Hey guys! I have been thinking about doing the MC also and i am wondering if I actually need to buy THE book, or any of the other books about it? I have read through some threads, and someone even posted a link to the book, but i don't know if it's the actual book because of the first few pages

http://healthandlight.com/TheMasterCleanse.pdf

Anyhow, I get the jist - 6-12 of the lemonade, laxative tea at night (any kind I presume), and salt walter in the morning. I can get the "recipes" off the threads. Juice the first 2 days coming off. And I should be able to function while on it and feel like a new person after ;)

So do i need the book or am I pretty set to do this?

Thanks!

• I think you are all set to start! It's pretty simple :)

The first time I did the cleanse (last summer) I was able to function quite fine, (I am a stay at home mom of 2). My husband however works at least 8 hours and is on his feet (making scrumptulescent raw granola) and he got to day 3 and realized he'd need to eat to be able to do his duties.

I managed to get down ONE glass of the lemonade today, sheesh. I've just been drinking water. Is that OK? just water?

I know when the cayenne is involved I get LOTS of mucus out, so plain water won't help with that.

Anyhow, we'll see how it goes...

And good cleansing to the rest of you!

• Hi everybody, today is my first day of the Master Cleanse. It's also the first fast I've ever done. I'm doing ok so far, but the lemonade is making me want to hurl. I think it's the pepper. I might have to tone it down a bit... I dunno... I put in 1/8 tsp. maybe that was too much?

Anyways, so far I'm ok. I'm suffering from caffeine withdrawals big time. I had a couple of dizzy spells but other than that, I've been alright. I think the cayenne pepper is helping me get the mucus out because my nose is stuffy, not running, but stuffy. Anybody else start the cleanse today??

Any helpful hints? I'll probably wait to do the saltwater flush until tomorrow night as I'm still moving the regular stuff out today and don't want to get a stomach ache with any backed up matter. I think the second day will be ok to start, I'm still just trying to get through the headache today. Anyways, hints are welcomed!

Thanks!

Misty

• HI~~~

I AM GOING TO START THIS DETOX SOON BUT BEFORE I WANTED TO DECIDE EITHER TO DO THE SALT WATER OR THE LAXATIVE HERB TEA.....CUZ THE SALT WATER THING...IT JUST MAKES ME SO CONFUSED AND I THINK IT IS GOING TO BE REALLY HARD TO DRINK SALT WATER ........SO I DECIDED TO JUST GO WITH THE TEA..SINCE ITS EASIER TO DRINK THE TEA......

AND SINCE I CHOSE TO GO WITH THE TEA I WAS WONDERING IF I HAD TO DRINK THE TEA ONCE OR TWICE A DAY.......

LIKE I THINK ITS TWICE A DAY FOR 10 DAYS RIGHT?

LIKE DRINK A CUP OF TEA IN THE MORNING IN A EMPTY STOMACH AND THEN

ANOTHER CUP OF TEA AT NIGHT BEFORE GOING TO BED.............

SO 2 CUPS OF LAXATIVE HERB TEA PER DAY FOR 10 DAYS??? (MORNING AND NIGHT?)

AND IF SO, I WOULD NEED TO BUY THE TEA, BUT HONESTLY LIKE I REALLY DONT KNOW WHICH LAXATIVE HERB TEA IS THE BEST TO USE ...

DO YOU RECOMMEND ANY??? PLEASE.? :)

• freewitheftfreewitheft Raw Newbie

Yes, you will have the tea twice day. At night, you have 1 cup. In the morning, you either have a second cup, or do the saltwater flush. You want an herbal tea with senna in it. Smooth Move is popular, but I bought straight senna leaf by Alvita. I brewed it with Ginger & Peppermint tea also by Alvita. HTH!