Pure Food and Wine Mint chocolate ice cream

kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

Does anyone know how to make this? I had it and it's so good

Comments

• LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

I just had this last weekend! It's absolutely amazing, I also love the mint brownie chunks in the sundae. I think the recipe for the ice cream is in Raw Food Real World which was written by the owners of Pure Food and Wine.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I have that book and didn't even think to check it! that dessert was amazing.. best raw thing I've had!

I totally agree! What else did you get at pure food and wine?

I had the white corn tamales with mole and the cheese plate. The cheese tasted exactly like real cheese. Pure food and wine is definitely my favorite raw restaurant.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I thought a lot of their stuff has non-raw ingredients, like maple syrup or maple granules. If you revive this thread or remind me in a couple days, I'll look at the book and tell you. It's packed up right now, as I am moving. :)

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

Pure food and Wine is super fab! I had the coconut noodles and a cheese/cracker appetizer.. both excellent.. my husband had the corn tamales and they were great too.. I check in my raw food real world book and no luck.. anyone have any other ideas?

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I am so jealous that you have places near you like that - I would love to go to a raw restaurant.

I definitely saw it in a cookbook at the bookstore, so it might be sarma melngailis' new book called Living Raw Food

• JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

The mint ice cream is in Sarma's new book, Living Raw Food. I highly recommend this book. A definitel 'must have'!

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

I actually read about this in my new copy of the book - im not at home now but ill post it for you when i do get home :)

• JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

Hey Mikfizzle, I'd get permission from Sarma before posting her copyrighted recipe on a public forum like this one. Or just email it personally to Kminty3. I couple years ago I got a hand slap for posting copyrighted recipes without permission in the past - just to let you know. (And I do think it's fair to get permission first)