Orange Peels and Juice pulp, what to do?

teacupteacup Raw Newbie

Today I made Orange Carrot Ginger Juice, and have about 20 oranges worth of peels left! I was wondering if anything could be done with them? It seems silly to throw them away.

Also, I was wondering what everyone's favorite thing to do with left over pulp is?

Comments

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Tropical Biscotti

http://www.rawmazing.com/?p=355

(orange zest is grated up orange peel)

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Try a recipe search for "pulp". There should be quite a few ideas here on Gone Raw that will get you started with using left over pulp.

If all else fails, compost, or start a worm bin. Check out worm bins on the Internet. I know Bitt had one last year. Maybe she will shed some light on setting it up.

I've used avocado "shells" as starter pots for vegetable seeds. Orange peel halves would probably work as well. How about using the orange peels as a base for a potpourri?

Who else has ideas for using left over peelings?

• teacupteacup Raw Newbie

I'm definitely going to search up pulp and see what I come up with, it's more the peels I was wondering about. Potpourri isn't a bad idea at all except that I don't want a house smelling of oranges . . .

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i bring orange peels to a boil, let them simmer for a few minutes, add cinnamon, and let it soak in the pan all day. the house smells amazing.

• teacupteacup Raw Newbie

A word of advice, never put pulp in a green smoothie. Bleck!