Stomach Pains, PLEASE HELP!!

I am desperately in need of advice/wisdom.

I have always suffered from abdominal pains which have been much better since going raw. However, since raw, I have suffered on occasion from severe stomach pains, just above my belly button. They usually do not last too long. The past year (after a year of 100% raw) I have varied between about 70%-100%. The past several months have been 100% and I have felt great. Two weeks ago, however, I started getting the same, intense pains. I get them every evening, starting around 5 or 6 pm, and lasting till I fall asleep. They are absolutely excruciating, and I find that the usual salads I have make them worse. The only thing that seems to help a bit is to have cooked food (i.e. wholegrain, rye bread, legumes). This, however, leads to weight gain and I really want to stay raw!!!

I have tried heat (a magic bag) but it didn't help much. In the past, when I get these pains I just have green smoothies for a few days, but I am on staying at someone else's house on the other side of the country and the blender here is terrible and cannot handle greens.

So, any ideas what might help?

Please share any advice you might have, I am desperate. As well, I am going on a ten day outdoor trip in a week and a half, and am very worried that this will continue.

I am considering acupuncture. Do you think this might help??

Thanks

Comments

• bump

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

i think it would be good to go see an acupuncturist or naturopath as you've said. They will hopefully have an idea about what's going on, and make sure it's nothing serious. Did you have anything like those pains happen earlier in life, earlier in childhood?

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

It's hard to give any advice without knowing what you are eating. "70-100% raw" is pretty vague.

Swayze

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

p.s. swayze if you read in her post she says that "The past several months have been 100% and I have felt great. Two weeks ago, however, I started getting the same, intense pains. I get them every evening, starting around 5 or 6 pm, and lasting till I fall asleep."

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

My bad...guess I missed that. :)

100% raw is still vague, though. That doesn't tell us exactly what is being eaten.

Swayze

• hmmm i wonder if the pains are stress induced?? i get really sharp cramping pain when i'm over exhausted, or really stressed out - it could be a sign to just take it easy for a bit, maybe catch up on some rest.

• you should definitely see a naturopath or something so you know that the pains arent indicating something serious. if theyre not, you could try child pose for yoga (http://www.womansday.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/galleries-slideshows/yoga-for-beginners/child-s-pose/34374-1-eng-US/Child-s-pose_slideshow_image.jpg) or finding out if youre allergic to anything.