Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Avocado Ideas?!

So, I did a pretty richeous dance and got 30 organic avocados for free! Which is totally awesome since I typically eat one, maybe two almost every day.

They're at the perfect ripeness and I know they'll rot before I can use all of them. Has anybody ever peeled, chopped, and froze avocados before?

Should I just mash 'em up with some lemon/lime juice and refrigerate them?!

I prefer eating them plain, or with a small amount of nutritional yeast and flax oil.

Suggestions other than guacamole would be awesome!

Comments

• I know one can freeze guac quite well. I've never tried to freeze a whole avocado.

I love the Cherry Avocado Salad found on this site. I also like to cut an avo in half, take out the pit and put some of the dressing from that recipe into the "pit hole" and eat it with a fork.

I've been making pudding pops with avocado and carob and dates - delicious

Good luck. I hope you can consume them or freeze them before they go bad!

• I make a chocolate ice cream with avocados...............

http://goneraw.com/recipe/chocolate-ice-cream-no-ice-cream-maker-needed-yay

• Oh excellent! So I can make a large batch of ice cream and freeze it! Do you know if mangos would work in place of bananas? There is something in bananas that gives me a nasty allergic reaction.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

If you stick some in the fridge you can usually keep them at that stage of ripeness for a few extra days.

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

LUCKY!

I would definatly make lots of guacamole, raw soups, smoothies, and salad dressings. I wish i could come stay at your house hehe :)

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

ive frozen some before and used them in blender type recipes. That seems to work fine. Lucky you on your big score!

• pixxpixx Raw Master

In years past, have bought frozen guacamole, so I would imagine (with lemon or lime added to retain color) that it would work fine to freeze it.

• I wonder what would happen if you sealed the avocadoes whole, inside freezer bags,and just took one out to thaw every time you wanted an avocado? This is worth an experiment with one avocado, i think!

• valgal123valgal123 Raw Newbie

I say try freezing them, but recently I have been making pudding with it. I puree it in the processor with a little water and honey or dates and flavoring, vanilla, orange, chocolate, chocolate mint. Its very good

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

I make white sauce with it. White sauce is usually just butter, milk and flour/thickener. Avocado does all of that with water salt and pepper. Grated zucchini pasta. :)

Obviously there is guacamole, ice cream, puddings, eating them plain, in sandwiches (unless you have a big and good dehydrator then this would be a non-raw option)...The sky is the limit!! MM lemon or vanilla pudding?

If you make guacamole, add some spirulina! Great great. :D