New Jersey

Anyone in southern ocean county? Interested in sarting a pot luck?

Comments

• Hey :)

• I know this is from awhile ago, but just wondering how many raw foodist live in New Jersey and how you live raw in here. Thanks :)

• I live in NJ. Monmouth County. I find it very easy eat raw here with so many health food stores in my area.

• I guess there is not many of us in NJ. I'm in Ocean County

• Even though it is called the garden state I find it hard to find local produce.

Local organic is almost impossible. Sure I can drive 50min to whole foods or pay way to much at my 1 local health food store,but I really want to do the local thing you know. I find that the farm markets by me bring in produce from other states like washington, pa, ect.

Toms River (about 30min. drive for me) however does have a nice farmers market only on wednesdays and i think just in the summer but there is acutually one organic farm that goes there :)

• the59soundthe59sound Raw Newbie

Hello from Glassboro.

• Hi the59sound, hows the glassboro area for a raw foodist?

• the59sound, do you go to Rowan? Or have you already graduated from college? If you don't want to say, that's fine, too.

Chanie, I'm in Bergen County. I know several raw foodists in the area.

• Hi Kaitlyn! Thanks for dropin a note here. It's nice to know I'm not the only one in NJ. I feel like I'm at the edge of the earth here sometimes :P

• the59soundthe59sound Raw Newbie

nope, just born and raised in this town.

moving to morgantown, wv this spring for school, though.

• Chanie, have you tried MEETUP.com? Check it out and search "raw foods". There may be a group in your area.

the59sound, cool! WVU? A close friend went there and can't say enough about it.

• I'm in Bergen County :)

• I guess I have more options in Monmouth County. There are 4 health food stores and a Wegmans all within a few minutes and there are quite a few organic farmer's markets one even within walking distance of my home. Chanie..My parents live in Toms River, where is there one there?

• The Toms River Farmers market is in Huddy Park on water street. I think this is the last wednesday :( her is the link www.downtowntomsriver.com/bid/market.htm

• Hi Kaitlyn I have tried that site, nothing near me. thanks though :)

• Hi audra.b from bergen. thanks for representing nj :) bergen is north jersey right?

• Thanks for the link Chanie :)

• Bergen county is the northeastern corner of NJ. Above Essex/Hudson and next to Passaic