Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

New and scared of not succeeding...

As my name (SADslave) denotes, I have been a true slave to my cravings for bad food. I have attempted multiple times to swtich over to raw, but each time I have failed. Anyways, thats the past and I do want to make the change stick this time. I am just scared of being overwhelmed by the cravings (as I have experienced in the past). I have a game plan, but I dont have any real support from my family. I am a single mom of 3 and while my children dont care either way what I eat, I feel like I need some real SUPPORT in order to succeed this time. Do you have any suggestions?

Comments

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Joining this site was a good start! :~)

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

Tell us, what's your game plan?

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

You could see if there is a raw potluck in your area.

This site is also great for support.

Don't be scared...be excited and positive! Good luck.

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

Try doing the raw till dinner thing. You have a nice big raw breakfast (green smoothie and nosh on fresh fruit) then a nice raw lunch (huge salad, maybe some flax crackers, veg and dip) another raw snack, then for dinner make a nice healthy cooked vegan meal. This way you can tackle the cravings slowly.

Read lots of materials and get some uncook books. I like Jenny Cornbleets raw food made easy for one or two people and Any Phyos raw book too.

Another tip is to always have more food with you than you think youll eat. I always have an apple or orange in my purse, just in case. This way when you get the munchies you've got snacks on hand and wont be tempted by someone bringing in donuts or bagels to work.

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

To start, simply make a list of your raw reason(s) for going raw. Print it out and paste it all over your house. :)

Swayze

• My game plan actually was listed here by someone else...I am planning on eating raw for all of my meals until dinner where I will allow myself a cooked vegan meal if need something to satisfy that kind of craving. I think it is definitely a good start for me. In the past I have started and stopped and started and stopped so many times - basically giving into cravings the first time they reared their ugly head. I know that I have to be stronger than that though. My fear is simply of the cravings that I know will come. I love the suggestion of someone here to make a list of my motivators for going raw - because I certainly have reasons for doing it. So, I will actually put my reasons for doing this on paper and post them for myself to see daily. I guess when it comes down to it, I am just scared of giving into the uglier side of me and not keeping a promise to myself to get healthy. It isnt rational on my part to be this scared of something that I ultimately have complete control over...but I am and I kind of just needed to get it out in the open.

And thank you to all who have offered their ideas and support. I do appreciate and really NEED it.

• It's difficult. When I first started, during my first week I had to go to an all you can eat buffet. I lost control and but after than got back to eating raw only. You'll do fine.

• I pretty sure everyone messes up while doing raw at least once. god knows i had. Just make yourself get right back on that horse.

Oh & maybe u should switch your childrens diet too. there wont be any temptation in the house and your kids will have a healthier childhood.

god only knows i wish I was taught healthy eating habits, but alas I was not & now am morbidly obese.

• First of all, we have power not to be slaves to anything! I personally saw myself as fat blob for a long long time (and which I was actually) and if affected my actions, my choices, you get my point. The path to health starts in your head! Tell yourself that you will make one right decision everyday, and will take one right step, - everyday.

I would start by clearing out your pantry (I myself still have a lot to get rid of). That way you eliminate any opportunity to have junk. I believe it will benefit your children not to have any junk around. Always have healthy snacks around - apples, carrots, etc. The temptation always seem to strike when we are most vulnerable. So the key is to be ready.

The best thing in all of this - CRAVINGS do pass. They truly do.

All the best to you and keep fighting for your health and for your children's health.

First and most important is your emotional enviornment. You feel a lack of control. That seems to me to be your primary issue that needs clearing. Find your personal power, where you know you are exerting your power for choices you want in your life. Raw gives you help. But you have to make enough of a commitment so that it can give you the help you need. Raw food is the first time in my life, i've been able to help my "bingeing". I have a food habit that if i have something like brownies, I have to eat all the brownies in one sitting. It is still there, with nuts! but i do it alot less, it's much healthier, and I don't want to do it anymore, it's slowly but surely changing me and my patterns of behavior, and even my uglier side. Have faith that raw will help you too. Energetically clean your place so that you are committed to raw. put the toaster in the closet. I put my blender on top of my oven. Clean the cupboards. what specifically do you crave? if it's chocolate, make some raw cacao treats! If it's meat, then then walnuts, and pecans make fantastic meatballs, meat sauces etc. it seems like for any craving there is a raw alternative that will do it justice. I still crave tortilla chips. I don't have a deyhydrator (otherwise I would make them on that) so i cut up mangos, tomatoes, and avocados, but still buy organic corn chips(not raw) to eat with it. it's delicious, and I am still eating 80% raw. If I am really craving something, me and my boyfriend set a date to have a non-raw meal, and feast deliciously on what it is we no longer eat. We enjoy it. The craving is satisfied. We go back to eating raw food. the trick is not to let it happen too many times non raw -- that's where it gets easier and easier to slip,and all the sudden you're back to SAD! Last but not least. We're all here for each other. And we all want the best for one another for a healthy vibrant life! It doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks. We know in our hearts what is just so naturally right. Good Luck!

• keewikeewi Raw Newbie

just add as many raw foods as possible, dont buy steamed/cooked raw nuts, a lot of people do this in desperation and these are probably worse for you then some cooked foods. "raw" nuts from the store are rarely raw, 99% of the time they are steamed. This oxidizes all the fats and destroys the enzymes. Nuts are connected by lignans without the enzyme from nuts you can't break down this molecule, and you'll find your poo very nutty. So unless you wanna poo out nut butter don't eat them. Eated cooked vegan over these nuts, once you get your consumption of raw fruits and vegetables to over 80% you'll feel the high electrical energy and won't want to eat cooked foods. Warning the more raw fruits and vegetables you eat the more mind/body energy you will have and you might never want to eat cooked fooods again.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

If you think you can, you can.

If you think you can't, you won't. ;)

but the grander question is....why do we think that we can? or think that we can't? the answers to those questions will help reveal our deeper core beliefs and blockades still in place that are preventing our best life and health.

• I agree with Wichten. Start off slowly and eventually you can go completely raw