Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Freezing on Raw?

Has anyone experienced being much colder (body temp) from being RAW than on SAD. I tell you, I am always cold to the point where I don't need air conditioning in my new york apartment in these summer months. Thanks for the money saver, but seriously.. anyone or am I halucinating!?

Comments

• pixxpixx Raw Master

I used to feel freezing, before raw. I find I'm quite warm after eating fruit. After a low fruit day, I'm typically "normal" (cool) temp, but high fruit makes me warm.

• J AJ A

I'm freezing like never before. I come from a very cold climate and still live in a moderately cold one, I used to love snow and the cold of winter but now I freeze all the time, even when it gets cool in summer evenings. I've begun feeling like moving to New Zealand or something, I could never imagine I'd be freezing like this! (I eat 80/10/10).

• LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

I'm ALWAYS cold!! I hate it sooo much. I live in Boston and we have horribly cold winters, even in the summer I wear sweaters all the time. My family thinks there is something wrong with me because I'm always cold.

• I was just reading about juice fasts and they say that you may get cold on a juice fast because of the lack of calories... i wonder if that's true?

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

you will get cold doing juicing (trust me i have my space heater on right now and im on day 53 of my juice feast) I attribute it to thinner blood due to lack of fat in the diet.

But on the plus side, lower body temp means we will live longer.

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

Lol, well if lower temp means we live longer I am all set. I have ALWAYS have lower body temp(combo of my genetics and hypothyroid), heck if I hit 98 I consider that a temp for me unless it is summer when I'm 96-97ave.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

I'm always cold too. I'm actually wearing a sweater right now! I sometimes use my seat warmers in my cars in the morning, when it's still a little cool outside. I also absolutely HATE winter, and I'm dressed like a snowman whenever I go out.

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

I also tend to be cold, but I find eating warming foods like onions, garlic, tomatoes, peppers, ginger, cinnamon, and seaweed help me feel warmer. As a bonus, seaweed feeds your thyroid. Though the real test is when winter comes; it's now summer where I am . . .

• It's totally possible. You probably have less body fat to keep you warm now that you've gone raw! 

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Oh yeah, I'm definitely much colder since going raw. My hands are always freezing and it annoys my BF as I warm them up on him. (He's always too hot so it works out quite well!)

I haven't shed loads of weight going raw but think my overall body fat has reduced so I'm sure that's what

• Yep. My hands and feet and tip of my nose are always cool. I have adapted to the warmer climate where I live after going raw. I still have a hard time being raw in the winter. i need to work on some 'warming' recipes!

• I feel like I'm feeling cold and my hands and feet go cold more often since I've gone raw.

I suffer from Raynaud's syndrome and am definitely struggling with it, hoping being raw will eventually change that and I feel like there has been a slight improvement but overall I'm still cold.

Most of the time that's okay for me though as I hate being hot except when I work out, then I'm loving the sweat :)

That's off topic but I really wonder what will happen in winter as this will be my first winter being raw.

I'm afraid I will stray and fall off the wagon...anyone have experience how to make sure to stay raw when it gets cold outside?