Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Is this normal?

I finally did 100% raw for 2 days well like 70 hours in total and I felt great and ate approx 1300 calories and did not have any kind of detox symptoms.Is this normal? Does it take a few days to kick in and start detoxing? And btw Im not using all organic.. could this be the problem? Thanks!

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

the only detoxing symptoms i had were pimples. maybe you won't experience any at all. i transitioned to raw after being vegan so i guess it was easier.

• Ahh Okay I see. That does make sense since I am vegan and was a bit before going raw. Well awesome then,thanks!

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

joannabanana, I am having major skin breakouts too. It's such a pain in the butt!

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

avl, glad i'm not the only one!! my skin isn't so bad now, but when i first started, it was the worst on my chest, back, and arms. i was constantly itching and picking at it. my face only gets bad when i get my period.

• I have been experiencing major breakouts for the last 6 weeks, the pimples are tiny white heads all over my face and on my upper back and shoulders, and i have some huge red itchy ones on my back. Joannabanana, how long did this breakout last for you and what did you use to help get rid of them. The ones on my face are disappearing but on my back and shoulders they are spreading. It's horrible because I am too self conscious to wear sleeveless shirts and it is summer.

• teacupteacup Raw Newbie

use tea tree oil to spot treat breakouts or in a cleanser and something with salicylic acid in it (aveda makes a great "acne composition" oil that you may apply everywhere that is really great for spot treating)

• You can try drinking fresh wheatgrass juice, it helped me and my kids get rid of all of our acne also the pulp from juicing wheatgrass can be placed onto the skin where the acne is and will help pull the toxins out.

• Where do I get wheatgrass from?

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Grow it!

Seeds, and directions:

http://www.sproutpeople.com/seed/wheatgrass.html

Kit, if you prefer:

http://www.sproutpeople.com/seed/kit/wgkit.html

And, if you don't have a juicer, here is an inexpensive *manual* one (that works pretty well- I have one):

http://www.sproutpeople.com/juicers/healthy.html

(No, I am not affiliated with them. I have bought from them, and I am on their Yahoo group- fun group.)

• erinerin Raw Superstar

I had really bad acne before going raw and it began to clear up after going raw, but I still got a few pimples on a regular basis. Mine didn't completely clear up, no matter what I put on my skin, until I went on an anti candida diet and started eating low fat (no nuts at all).

Just a little bit of information from my experience! Hope it helps!

• cupcakes revengecupcakes revenge Raw Newbie

I also find the oil cleansing method helps. Mix olive oi or coconut oil with castor oil (more castor if oilier acne, more of the other oil if drier acne) and massage in circular motion for like 5 min. Step into steamy shower and let steam do its opening pore trick for a bit before rinsing off. If it's possible, don't wash with soap, just lightly use a wet washcloth to wipe off. I do the washcloth thing before bed, when I don't mind being a tad shiny. This lets the oil work it's magic over night too.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Everyone is different, but you may experience detox symptoms for months. Some don't go through it at all.

By the way, 1300 calories in two days seems meager to me!

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

Im not sure if you are trying to lose weight, but I suggest adding more calories to your diet everyday. 1300 is a small number and you dont want your body to go into starvation mode.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

"starvation mode" would depend on the persons size and calorie needs. I do fine on 1300, sometimes even less.

This calculator will tell you how many calories you need to sustain, if you stay in bed all day (add more, according to your activity).

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Just want to point out that 1300 may be fine per DAY but very troubling if that's over two dayS. At least that's how I read the original post 1300/two days.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

I didn't take it that way-- but I see your point, and I agree!

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

After I quit consuming salt, I got little tiny red bumps along my forehead. I got more and more until they were all the way down to my temples. They lasted for about 4 months and then gradually disappeared.

That was the worst part of my detox.

Swayze

• I don't usually have detox symptoms and I think it's because I've been oil pulling with sesame seed oil for a couple weeks, and taking an anti-candida mixture of herbs along with cutting out most sugars and fats, I usually take a tablespoon of Coconut oil with that anti-candida stuff too. I used to have horrible acne, but it's alot less now. I'm really very pleased. I also got a Vi Peel last week. It's a bontanical non-chemical peel, burns like hell, but it really helped alot too. I think the website is like, kalilmedical.com or something along those lines, you can also get the peel on eBay, which is cheaper!

• J AJ A

sweetteaaa - just out of curiosity, how did you cut out most sugars and fats? What do you eat now?

Thanks in advance!

• Oh no no no. Im sorry lol. I should of specified it was 1300 per day. I am 5'6 and 130 lbs. Not trying to lose weight but I felt so full and satisfied eating only 1300 calories.