Cultured cheesecake recipe?

erinerin Raw Superstar

Ok, I've heard mention around the raw food universe of cultured raw cheesecakes!! And that REALLY sounds amazing to me. Does anyone have a recipe for a cultured cheesecake? I'm thinking you would just make the "cheese" filling and let it ferment as you would a fermented seed cheese...maybe? Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime I'll be experimenting and let y'all know the outcome. Thanks!!

Comments

• Rejuvilac really makes all raw cheese products taste just like the real thing. I was blown away with the authentic taste of raw ricotta cheese and lemon cheesecake squares at a class I once attended. I myself don't choose to spend the time to make rejuvilac, but it does make a world of difference.

• I also meant to add that the rejuvilac is fermented and you usually let the cheese sit or drain in a cheesecloth for 24 hrs after adding it.

• LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

Can you buy rejuvelac in stores or online? I would rather not spend time making it.

• erinerin Raw Superstar

I've never seen rejuvelac for sale anywhere. Although, it is REALLY easy to make. There are several different methods, but some are as easy as letting grains soak in water and draining the water, which is then rejuvelac.

• LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

Any kind of grains? I read somewhere that you;re supposed to use wheat berries or something.

• They sell it at a co-op Madison Market here in seattle.

• erinerin Raw Superstar

I've heard that you can use many different grains to make it including wheat berries, rye, quinoa, millet and possibly others, that's just the ones I've heard of. It is traditionally made from wheat berries though. There are lots of websites with directions if you do a rejuvelac search on google.

• You can buy it at Whole Foods, usually near the kombucha.