How much PB do u think is TOO much in a day? What do u think about my diet?

Hi there. I have been doing raw for about 2 or 3 months. I lost about 20 lbs VERY quickly and several inches, it was amazing! I had never seen anything like it in my life, in all my YEARS of dieting!!!!!! I have Fibromyalgia, among several other things, and I have been feeling better and better. Of course, I still have bad Fibro, but it's better. It's amazing. HOWEVER. I've been stalled for a couple months and I know what it is...I just need advice though. FIRST...I don't exercise. It is SOOOO hard to get started!!!! I KNOW, full and well w/ all my head and heart, that once I get started, in a couple weeks, I'll be going good and feeling much better. But it's just so hard. SECOND...I eat a LOT of nut butter. For my breakfast and my evening snack...I have quite a LOT of diff nut butters mixed w/ coconut oil, honey, cacao nibs, and maybe some maca powder and eat it w/ a banana. It is HEAVENLY!!!!!!!! I am SOOOOOO addicted to it!!!!!!!!! And I know anything u are addicted to is something u need to give up. But I'm wondering...how would I get my fat? How much fat do I need? I also have a BIG green smoothie in the morning/afternoon. I have a big pitcher and I fill it evenly w/ fresh apple and carrot juices. So I take about 3 cups of that, a frozen banana, a big handful of frozen blueberries and mixed fruit, wheatgrass powder, hemp seeds, bee pollen, a scoop of this really good whole food vanilla protein powder that's loaded w/ good vitamins and good stuff, and a little sweetener (agave or raw honey)....I think that's all I put in it, does that sound amazingly healthy & yummy though?!?!?!? Seriously!!!!! And then I may eat some grapes. And then a salad w/ mixed baby lettuces w/ spinach and some bagged brocolli slaw mix, maybe some shredded cabbage slaw (the dry bagged mix u can buy) and then I make & dehydrate this "walnut burger" stuff and then this "brocolli w/ chedda" recipes I put on my salad and I make this YUMMY caesar salad dressing I have in a book which is made w/ pumpkin seeds. YUMMY SALAD. Pretty big salad. So what do u think???? I think I'm doing AMAZINGLY except for the two items above. I think that if I wld get going w/ exercise good, that I cld even keep the PB. But then I saw the youtube video where Matt and Paul were duking it out over cacao and Matt saing it was a good intermediary food...but I think I want to get past intermediary. I've also had some spaghetti w/ healthy noodles and this sun-dried tomato pesto sauce a few x's, including all this past week for lunch instead of the salad...but then I noticed the flem and the bloated and so I am DONE w/ that cheat here & there. So....wow...pretty long-winded here. But I really truly hope I can get some good advice. THANKS!!!!! Kris xoxoxoxo

Comments

• You should consult a nutritionist. Protein needed is .8g per kg of body weight, (divide weight in pounds by 2.2), fat is 1.5g per pound of body weight. If you have an ideal weight, do the math for that body weight (as long as it is not too far off your current body weight). Loosing weight too fast (more than 2.2-5 pounds a week) is unhealthy. Olives have healthy fat, avacados too.

http://www.csun.edu/science/health/nutrition/nutrition.html - good websites for nutrition and food content.

As for beginning to run

http://www.runnersworld.com/images/cma/beginner5k_table.jpg

Runner's world has a lot of good articles for beginners.

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

I highly recommend reading Your Healthy Journey by Fred Bisci. He is older so I feel he has more wisdom when dealing with people and doesn't let it get personal, like some authors who seem too heated or affended at the very thought of eating cooked food (Your Natural Diet comes to mind, haha). Fred just encourages you to be the best you can, and he includes an intermediate dietary program which I think you might find helpful. Although if your goal is 100% raw thats certainly the main theme of the book. The thing about the spaghetti is that its not only cooked but processed. Its possible that you could do well on some cooked vegetables/legumes and such. Anyway, the book is expensive but great.

• The 80/10/10 Diet by Dr. Doug Graham would tell you to DEFINITELY cut out a lot of that fat. It's not healthy.

• Thank you SO much for the great replies, it means soooooo much to me!!!!

I think I forgot to mention in my original post that I hate avocados and olives. Olives are ok IN something. I have TRIED so hard to like avos and I just can't!!!! So wld I be ok w/o them eating just fruits and veggies? I also forgot to say that I put 2 HEAPING handfuls of fresh spinach in that green smoothie.

Kris

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

You don't *need* avocados, you don't need any one kind of food. Remember that foods are regional, so there are some regions that avocados don't grow, and in such a region you wouldn't be able to eat them "in nature".

In terms of fat, I believe there is still fat in vegetables and some fruits. You could also do *some* nuts, just don't overdo it (I believe Douggy Graham recommends 1oz per day, which is very little but you could do a little more than that if you felt you had to). The thing is, fat helps us deal with stress, so the amount of fat you need somewhat depends on your levels of stress in the day. Some days you might eat no fat, some days you might eat high fat, it depends. But you must be honest with yourself, and abstain from eating more than you know you should (which you will learn over time).

Also, Durian is another fruit that contains a higher amount of fat. Just give it a try, you'll love it. I promise.