Bragg's

Can anyone tell me what I can use beside Bragg's?

I am allgeric to soy and can't use it.

Thanks You

Comments

• FeeFee Raw Master

Ive used salt and water as a replacement. It doesnt have the brown colour though. If you are not 100% raw maybe yeast extract (Marmite, Vegemite) might work and would give the brown colouring too.

• I am trying to be 100%, I don't eat anything that man has put together.... haha don't trust them to clean the machines right.

• Haha thats brilliant :) I am so going to quote that someday, "I don't eat anything that man has put together.... haha don't trust them to clean the machines right." And about an alternative to Braggs, although not totally close is that I've used water, salt, and some garlic, let the garlic really permeate the water (overnight) and have used that in place of Braggs. Again, I know its not the same, but it still has a tangy flavor. I also might throw in some pepper or other spices just to add some oomph.

• thank you sarah

the reason I say that is because i'm allergic to soy, gluten (celiac disease), corn, apples and grapes. If the machine isn't clean good between products i will have a break out. with my celiac disease i have hives and diahrrea so i am very very careful.

have a great day

God bless

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Check the forums for the marinated mushroom substitute - this question came up very recently.

• create a salty marinade with water, lemon juice, your favorite kind of salt.... experiment with herbs to add ... maybe that would work. i don't know what nutritional yeast is made from but that might be a good additive if you aren't allergic to it.

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

I have the same problem with soy. What I find works really well for me is rehydrating dulse (seaweed) and then pulsing in a blender to create a "sauce". The taste is pretty similar from what I can remember and seems to work well in the recipes I've tried.