New to Raw, worried about detox

Hello everyone, my name is Amanda. I have lead a toxic lifestyle. Been trying to quit smoking for years but I finally did for 2 weeks now, have quit before for 18 months. I have been eating mostly raw for a week, if I do eat non raw I eat vegan and it is just simple grains with lighly cooked veggies. I have been drinking fresh veggie juices every morning and also green smoothies for breakfast. Then big salads for lunch. Dinners are raw soups, sometimes some sprouted bread bread (which I know isnt raw) Im new to this so I am still getting my bearings. I work full time have a daughter and a hubbie and a tight budget but I am trying to make this work. Every morning I wake up very tired and with a sore throat. I know this is to be expected but I am scared it is just going to get worse, is there any way I can help alleviate these symptoms I have read about dry brushing and colonics but dont know how to do the colonics. Anything else I can do? One of the reasons I am not trying to go completely raw is to slow these symtoms down. Also I dont know if I am eating enough at times I feel satisfied then I feel completely empty??

Comments

• Try more mono meals of fresh mainly organic fruits. Try less complicated multi-ingredient meals, reduce or eliminate the grain (substitute baked yam, broiled asparagus with squeeze of lemon, baked winter squash and pumpkin, carrot/apple/ginger juice for those warm comfort food cravings. FRUITS!!!!

• the59soundthe59sound Raw Newbie

eat FRUIT UNTIL YOU KNOW YOU WILL NOT BE HUNGRY AGAIN.

if you are hungry after a meal YOU DID NOT CONSUME ENOUGH CARBS.

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

it seems like you are doing the right things if you want the detox to stay at a slower pace. The higher the raw, the more you will go into detox. On one hand, if you did a detox cleanse then it would indeed get worse but it would in most cases get better by the end of the detox cleanse. Going slower, it takes longer, so you will be mildly sick for awhile because you still have to detox your body, one way or the other. Maybe detox tea?? you could try it, see how your body acts...that's what you drink with the master cleanse and it helps to rid your body of toxins. Taking salt baths helps as well(in my experience). You will get hungrier faster than on cooked food. You will feel very full, and be hungry two hours later. This diet is best if you can snack alot... eating just a couple of bananas for that snack, and you'll be back to feeling great. green smoothies tend to keep me happier longer, as they are power packed with nutrients since everything is blending into an 8 ounce glass :)

• I didn't see any nuts in your list of foods. They are full of protein and fats which people need to feel satisfied. Also, read the book "12 steps to Raw Foods, How to End Your Dependency on Cooked Food" by Victoria Boutenko. I have found a lot of inspiration and have had many of my questions answered by reading this book.

• Thanks everyone!! I actually got Victorias book Green for Life and devoured most of it yesterday, very interesting.