Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw food is breaking my budget.....

2»

Comments

• malchusmommalchusmom Raw Newbie

I feel everyone here. My husband and kids(we are 4) are vegan and we spend $120 a week in fruit and vegetables plus rice and ricemilk. We are trying to grow some of the produce in our garden and let's see how much we will save.

• the59sound -- I'm glad you didn't take any offense to what I said. Where are you from? It's not often I see someone into raw foods/hardcore, which I think is strange since veganism and hardcore sometimes go hand-in-hand.

• luxdivon, sorry love, I was replying to 59sound who said something along the lines of "eat mono meals, it doesn't matter what you want. This life style is not live to eat, it's eat to live." I though that statement was not only pretty inaccurate, if it was true would we have an entire website dedicated to people coming up with creative and delicious dishes, but it's also the wrong attitude to present to a world of SAD and meat eaters. You don't convert people to this lifestyle by telling them that you just eat to get nutrients and not for flavor and enjoyment as well.