What do you typically eat every day?

I'm a newbie (three weeks into transition) and just discovering the wonderful world of green smoothies (they seem to keep my system in balance longer than fruit alone does). I would like to make an easy & doable routine with my raw food--1-2 green smoothies a day, some fruit, some nuts--not sure what else to include. I know salads are good.

I am currently eating about 80% raw (occasional seafood but no other animal flesh). It would be so helpful to hear what others are eating as a routine. I would like to have 10-15 regular easy meal ideas that I can rotate.

Tx!

Comments

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

:see thread "What you ate today" we have a whole thread going on just that! maybe repost this comment there.

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

usually i start out my day with a green smoothie, and a couple bananas and fresh fruit.

for a mid morning snack i grab other fresh fruit, or raw almonds.

for lunch its usually sprouted grain bread, fruit and then whatever else i feel like.

dinner is always a huge salad with fruit, veggies, dressing and sometimes avocado or lentils.

http://lilearthmuffin.wordpress.com/

• I reposted there. Tx! That's a great thread!

• Mikfizzle,

What is sprouted grain bread & where do you get it? I need to get the big dinner salads on board............

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

The brand Ezekial has sprouted grain bread. It's in the freezer section in the grocery store. They are cooked, but they are still a good transition food and much easier to digest than regular breads. I'm not sure what grains are in each bread, but I used to eat the english muffins like it was my job.

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

I primarily eat more fruits than greens, but if you check out my blog I have plenty of smoothie recipes that you could easily add greens to, and I have a green juice recipe, and lettuce wrap recipe up there. I plan on adding a mexican spinach salad and a zucchini pasta recipe on there as well. All my recipes are designed to me quick, easy, delicious, and nutritious! :D

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Nut or seed pates are always good if you want something filling and tasty. They go well with salads, wraps, on crackers, etc. I used to make up a big batch at the weekend and have it everyday throughout the week as it keeps for up to 5 days. This is my fav: http://goneraw.com/recipe/sun-dried-tomato-pate

Another good option for an evening meal is zucchini pasta with some kind of sauce.

This one is great: http://goneraw.com/node/8160 (Alfredo Zucchini with Peas & Peppers)

I recently tried another sauce made with almonds and mushrooms which was great but don't have the recipe to hand. I'll post it here later if I remember.

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

rawfoodgoddess i actually eat the Ezikiel bread made by a company called Food For Life.

foodforlife.com

I buy it in the frozen foods section at my local Giant Eagle, but I have also gotten it at health food stores. It is a bit pricey though at about 4$ a loaf, but then when i buy one it usually lasts me for a month or so. They have english muffins too which are really good :)

• ddigiacomoddigiacomo Raw Newbie

Also try mana bread. Its also not raw but it is made from sprouted grains and cooked at very low temp. You can get it in the freezer section of any whole foods and actaully alot of other ordinary grociery stores carry it.