Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

DATES!

Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

Hello! I want to order some dates, and I was wondering what every one's favorite kind(s) is/are? Thanks!

Comments

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

I haven't tried too many - I'm a fan of classic medjool and deglet noor. However, if you are looking for places to order, I've heard good things about "The Date People" http://www.datepeople.net/

• Definitely a medjool fan!!

• the59soundthe59sound Raw Newbie

Barhi dates, fresh picked in the californian desert. also, i tried about 30 other kinds of dates that weekend I was in california, those were all good too.

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

wow the59sound, that sounds so fantastic! Were you just visiting there?

• the59soundthe59sound Raw Newbie

nah, it was early summer. they were amazing, i suggest getting in touch with 'the date people'. they literally scale 60 foot trees in their bare feet to get these things.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i order mine from sunorganic, i believe. my faves are medjool and khadrawi. khadrawi dates melt in your mouth like you wouldn't believe.

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

I am really excited to order some of the ones you mentioned joannabanana! They sound fantastic! Any one else?

visit me at coolywash.blogpsot.com, lets talk about issues!

• Do dates make anyone else gassy? :P

• missemymissemy Raw Newbie

no, but cherries do as they clean you out. I just take acidopholis and it takes cares of it. But they do raise my blood sugar level and I feel too full, but I can't get enough of the fudge I make, 5 Medjool or any large dates, 3 cherries, pitted fresh or frozen, a bit of coconut oil and carob powder. and then in the food processer, it is to die for. I used to make chocolate frosting all the time, just enough to sit down and enjoy, (well untill the blood sugar would drop into the basement and would get very crabby) so now I get to do this, I LOVE IT, but can just feel my blood sugar level rise.

• LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

My favorite kind of dates are definitely deglet noor. Medjool dates make me feel sick.

• missemymissemy Raw Newbie

Interesting, how sick? and where do you get the other kind.

emily

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Another vote for The Date People! I like the honey dates and the khadrawi.

Swayze

www.fitonraw.com

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

medjool are the only ones we can get around here. never even seen another type of date. I love the medjool though, I'm perfectly happy with them.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

barhi dates are my favorite. anyone know if the date people are still active? their website doesn't seem to be active.

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

I have recently started a love affair with dates, medjool all the way!

http://lilearthmuffin.wordpress.com/

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

I don't know what's going on with their site. I really want some dates! :(

Swayze

• medjool dates are so so sexy...

*drool*

i googled the date people and some threads from another raw community about the date people. a lot of their posts have the phone # of the date people. they are still active as of nov 2009 as I saw in those posts. can't wait to get some barhis!! and also can someone tell me how the fresh medjools are compared to the dried ones? and how are they compared to the barhi dates.

• kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

I just ordered some medjools and the wet pack sampler from the date people a few weeks ago. I found their phone number on another site and called and placed my order with them. Including shipping they averaged about $5/lb and I usually pay $7/lb for organic dates at the market. I've heard a lot of good things about their dates. Can't wait till they arrive!

kellyanne, let us know how they compare to dried medjools!

• kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

rawkidchef- i got my order of dates this week. they are SO good. the sampler pack is amazing. medjool used to be my favorite but it doesn't taste near as good as the barhi variety, black abbada, and amir hajj that came in the sampler pack. there's a few dry ones but most of them are really moist. their medjools are delicious but are nothing compared to their other varieties. these are by far the best tasting dates i've ever had.