Cashews - should I soak them?

delalunadelaluna Raw Newbie

Hi all, I read from a few places that cashews are technically not raw. They are treated with heat to break open the hard shells. Since they are cooked already, should I still soak them? I used to be able to eat them without soaking, and my digestion would be fine. But now, it seems my digestion cannot tolerate them, even a very few. Would soaking make a difference?

Comments

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

There are a few vendors that do sell raw vegan cashews. I picked some up at rawvegansource.com. I have yet to try them and will let you know what I think. I don't see what soaking would hurt. It certainly changes the texture greatly - they go very soft and are best enjoyed blended. Mushy nuts aren't something I've grown accustomed to. It's worth a shot soaked. Let us know if you find a difference please :) I continue to soak my almonds and cashews from larger grocery chains just in case.

• schmoopeeschmoopee Raw Newbie

You don't need to soak white nuts like cashews, macadamia, pinenuts, but it will make the consistency smoother when you blend them. Not sure about the digestion issue, seems like it would help...might be a food combining thing too. I always take digestive enzymes with nuts and seeds because i had my gallbladder removed.