HELP i need help i'm starting out and need some help

i want to start this plan tomorrow i've tried today tho is it normal to eat alot more on this plan in caloric amount and does it always have to be 100percent or can75 to 80 percent work just as well and nuts how much is too much and same with dried fruit

and mainly the calories how much can u eat and do u eat?

Comments

• I'm pretty new to raw myself but this is what I've found:

It is normal to eat more when doing raw although my calories are about the same as when I eat cooked vegan. No, I don't think 100% is mandatory unless that's what you're going for. I, myself, am anywhere between 50% and 80% raw although I feel loads better when I'm closer to the 80% mark. As far as nuts go, some think that anything over 10% is too much, but I feel better when I have nuts at least once a day or once every other day. I think you'd have to listen to your body to find out what it prefers. Same with dried fruit. Listen to your body and let it tell you how much is too much although I think fresh fruit or fresh frozen fruit is much better (have you ever had frozen blueberries? OMG amazing!).

I hate numbers, but I've been tracking my eating at nutritiondata.com lately and I find I'm a 1200+ type of person with most of my nutrition going well past 100% of RDA.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I did have to eat more when I first went raw. I was snacking on fruit/chopped veggies constantly through out the day and my salad at lunch would be huge! As time has gone on, I'm probably not eating quite as much. It depends how active I've been. When I was tracking my calorie intake on fitday.com, I'd normally be between 1200 - 1500 on average, but everyones different so I wouldn't get too hung up on the calorie thing.

I am not 100% and doubt I ever will be, but being at around 85%ish has been great for me personally. The cooked food I eat is vegan and pretty healthy so I'm happy with that. You don't have to go 100% to feel the benefits.

I used to eat quite alot of nuts and dried fruit but try to take it easy on them now. I'll make the occasional sauce/dip with some nuts and love a handful of raisins now and again but that's about it.

• Hi Natosha- I was eating a whole lot of nuts and seeds to feel full when I first started. My body also went through sort of a shock since I didn't transition into this diet. Also, I think with raw food it isn't an all or nothing deal. You can be 50% or 70% or 100% if you're up to it! The main thing would be to incorporate as much raw food (mostly plants and fruits) as possible. I hope this helps! Good luck!