Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Join Us! Raw for 31 Days

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

avl, i am the worst runner ever!!! i blame it on my retarded asthma. i've had it since i was little and raw doesn't seem to help with that. i don't use my inhaler though because i hate ingesting chemical crap.

so far today

smoothie- 4 bananas, 3 oranges, and 1/2 a pineapple.

it's a lower body day for me so 1/2 hour of butt/leg exercises, then 1 hour cycling class, then 1 hour yoga class.

i know i'll be starving when i finish yoga so i'll probably have a huge spinach, banana, grape smoothie (they taste like heaven to me!)

after that, i work from 5-9 so i can't eat between then. i'm positive i'll have a salad or smoothie when i get home from work. my mom and i are watching "finding neverland" tonight. i've never seen it so i'm excited!! i watched the bridget jones diary movies last night and they're hilarious.

• liger99liger99 Raw Newbie

AVL, I'm pretty sure you could write my story for me, they're so similar.

I'm a runner also, and unfortunately with school starting, I have a very limited amount of time to run, and it SUCKS. I'm trying though. As with the food. I was good for four day straight, and then last night hit. I had an awesome raw day, and then suddenly at 8:30 that night I started dipping into olives, baked potato, peanut butter, pickles, beans, bread, and some cream cheese. Luckily, I stopped before it got out of control. I was going to fast today, and start fresh tomorrow, but I wasn't feeling it. So, its a cleansing day. Mostly cantelope and grapes and strawberries. Very cleansing

• today I had 1 zapote, about 25 bananas and a few pieces of pineapple.

Oh my god I ate so much bananas... cuz i cut on oatmeal and I was lazy to go somewhere to buy food, it was raining all day... I really have to change bananas for something. I'll check that tomorrow

Ciao!

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

Today wasn't to bad. Spent most of the day indoors surfing on my computer because of the rain. I did manage to go for a walk during a short break up of the clouds that allowed some sun to get through to me. :)

I am really pleased with how easily I am staying 100% but I don't know if I will be able to Sunday because my family and I are going into Atlanta and are planning to eat lunch at a vegan chinese restaurant. I'll be able to have breakfast and dinner raw and I'll just do the next best thing at the chinese place by having some lightly steamed veggies. Seriously this place barely cooks their vegetable, they are still crunchy when they serve them. But after tomorrow it's back to raw for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Today (Day 10):

5 cups of chopped papaya + a small lime

1 hour walk

3 veggie nori rolls (30 asparagus spears, 1/2 an avocado, 2 romaine leaves, some tomato, onion, and raw saurekraut) w/ nama shoyu + half a cucumber

smoothie (1 big peach, 9 strawberries, small handful of blueberries 2 medium mangos, 4 bananas, bee pollen, raw honey, and vanilla)

3 cups red seedless grapes (ate like popcorn while watching a new episode of my favorite TV show, Psych.)

I hope everyone had a blessed day and that your tomorrow will be joyful, bright, beautiful, and as raw as can be!!

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Today went well and I ate raw until dinner, because it was Thanksgiving & ate some cooked food (ok, I know it's a really bad excuse).

I continued to eat my melon until dinner. So I went Friday dinner to Sunday late afternoon only eating melon and some berries (8 meals in total). I felt good, but kind of getting sick of eating the same thing over and over again. Also my stomach was starting to hurt after eating my melon meals. It would only feel better after going to the bathroom. I like the idea of eating one type of food in the same day, but maybe I can switch it up a little, like apples one day, melon another, bananas another, etc. I don't know, I guess I can experiment.

Ok so this is what I ate today (please don't judge me because of how much I ate at dinner. As I said it was Thanksgiving and I never eat this much in one sitting)

1h05min run

Breakfast: 1/2 cantaloupe, 1/2 honeydew, 1/4 watermelon, 1/2 cup berries

1hr weight training (abs & upper body)

Lunch: SAME as breakfast

Snack: 1/2 cantaloupe, 1/2 honeydew, 1/4 cup blueberries

Dinner: zucchini pasta with 1/2 avocado, 1 tomato, parlsey, ginger sauce (it was 1 zucchini & I split the whole thing with my mom)

spinach leaves with 1 tomato, alfalfa sprouts, capers and 3 olives with vinegar and dijon mustard

bowl of brown/wild rice

2 slices of organic rice bread with Tofutti cream cheese

2 Ryvita Rye crackers with 1 Tbsp almond butter

4 large dark chocolate squares

a few bites of my brother's molten lava cake

bowl of apple sauce

Holy crap that's a lot of food! I never eat this much and I am SO STUFFED! I don't know how people eat like this all the time. And it's not even that bad, this is what "normal" people eat on a day to day basis. If I were to show this to my friends they would think that it's a really healthy dinner!

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

liger99- I know the feeling of wanting cooked food at night. I also tend to crave it around that time. The good thing is that I live on my own and I don't have anything tempting in my house, so it makes it easier. It's hard when I visit my parents though because there are so many cooked foods that I enjoy eating but I know are not good for me. Bread and cheese are always calling my name when I'm there at night!

avl, you ate REALLY healthy for a holiday! i don't eat very healthy on holidays, but i don't feel guilty about my food choices anymore- which is definitely an improvement.

funny story: my parents bought me a new blender so i decided to take it for a spin today. i started to blend 1 mango, 3 oranges, and 3 bananas when the lid shot off the top and the smoothie went everywhere! i mean everywhere- the walls, the cupboards, the windows, the floor, me, the dog... etc. i didn't realize i had to hold the lid on, but i refuse to use the damn thing again. i'm just going to use "old reliable" (unreliable in the greens and hard fruits department).

i hate technology! it's not like we had blenders "in nature" anyway. err haha

joannabanana, LOL! I few years ago my mother did EXACTLY what you did! She made a smoothie and the lid exploded. We just recently got around to having the ceiling painted to get rid of the smoothie stain. :)

today:

breakfast: 1 1/2 cups of chopped honeydew + 1 small apple

1 hour speed walking through an electronics store a.k.a. waiting for my brother to finish his "toy" shopping

lunch: a bunch of lightly stir-fried broccoli and snow peas (meaning they were still very crunchy) w/my family

dinner: smoothie (1 large peach, 2 medium mangos, 2 cups chopped banana, 5 strawberries, 1/4 cup blueberries, raw honey, bee pollen, maca, goji powder, and vanilla)

post-dinner snack: 1 cup of watermelon then an hour later 3/4 cups papaya

• The weekend was fabbie.

Saturday I had a green smoothie first thing with banana, water, spinich and sprilina. Then for lunch my husband and I went to the raw food cafe, I had an amazing burger and rainbow salad followed by a hemp brownie. That filled me up for the rest of the day so I just had a banana later.

Sunday I had to watch my husband eat a huge SUK brecky in the hotel yuck. I had 3 bananas and some raw choc I had brought. Then later we net friends and they went to burgerking, so I watched them eat a load of crap again. I had a raw brownie that I got from the cafe the day before. Later on I was really hungry as we had been walking from 11am till 4pm so I got a cucumber and just munched on that while we waited for the train. For some reason they all found this very funny!

We we got home I have a big green salad with some of my raw mayo and onion bread. IT was yummie.

Today is day 8 for me and I am super excited that I have managed to get this far and not even nick a chip.

This am I had almonds blended with banana, spirlina, cinnimon and vanilla. Yum

Lunch will be a juice of apples, carrots, lettace, ginger, cuc and lime.

Happy Monday everyone

K x x x x

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

I decided to give my digestive system a little break because I haven't been eating well these past few weeks, so I tried to keep my food variety very limited in order for my body to digest it easier.

Pre workout: 1.5 cups berries

1 hour cardio

Breakfast: 1 cantaloupe, 1/2 honeydew, 1/4 watermelon

Lunch: 1 cantaloupe, 1/2 honeydew, 1/4 watermelon, 1/2 cup berries

Snack: 1/2 watermelon & 15 strawberries

Dinner: 1 cantaloupe, 1/2 honeydew, 1/4 watermelon, 1.5 cups berries

Bowl of warm water with organic vegetable broth & a few mushrooms (I was really cold & the cold melon wasn't helping to warm me up)

I know that it seemed like a pretty boring day, but I really enjoyed it. But late afternoon I was getting hungry and I had a headache, but I waited it out until dinner, and I wasn't even that hungry anymore by then. I'm going to try to do it again today. The thing is that it is Thanksgiving here in Canada, so the BIG dinner is tonight. My mom wants me to prepare a raw meal for her and myself, but I really want to stick to my plan. I'll try to eat the same as yesterday at least until dinner and see how I feel then.

Oh, another thing, I slept SO well last night. I so was exhausted that I went to bed at 9:30pm (I know...kind of loserish of me on a Saturday night!) and woke up at 6:45am. That's more than 9 hours! Wow! That very rarely happens!

• Hi all

am in bed with very bad flu and missed the start of this but am going to join now if that is ok have been mainly existing on smoothies for the last few days somebody asked about the consistency of smoothies (so sorry am too muzzy headed to remember who) I usually blend rather than juice so I get the fibre and I always add filtered water to mine along with some sprouted mixed seeds and then any fruit and greens (although i have found too much Kale to be bitter)...

congratulations to you all for keeping going

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

Everyone is so encouraging, I love it! This definetly helps me keep to raw...without the support I'm not sure I could..

This weekend was much better for me than most of my past weekends..we tend to go out to eat ALL the time on the weekends, literally for every meal and I usually end up eating badly. But not so this past weekend, I attribute it to keeping to my green smoothie routines as they fill you up and take away cravings.

Saturday we went out to breakfast and I did end up having 2 eggs, with a fruit bowl. That left me feeling sick and full the rest of the day so did not eat anything until about 7pm and made a smoothie of spinach , banana, and mano..Sunday I made another green smoothie, this time of spinach , banana, and peach for lunch...These keep me so full the whole day, its crazy! We ended up walking around the mall and the hubby wanted stir fry so we went to a japanese restaurant and I got a big bowl of mixed veggies which the cooks did stir fry but I did not feel bad, thats the best I have done at any japanese restaurant lol!

The other night me and my hubby were relaxing and he looked at me and said 'Your skin looks amazing' I totally started to cry, it meant so much to me he noticed, and also I have had HORRIFIC skin for years and nothing would ever help, not one of all the many dermatologists I always would go to. Raw has made my skin clear and just glow..I'm just in love with Raw :)

Sarma Melngailis (author of 2 raw cookbooks) said an amazing, profound statement in her newest book I just picked up.... it is "Its beautiful how you can't unlearn a learned truth" That pretty much sums up RAW!!!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

AVL, I think you did great considering it was Thanksgiving - well done!

I find it tough when I go back to my folks. They do buy in loads of food in for me bless them, but having all the cooked food around too is hard.

Yeha, AVL, your Thanksgiving was an appetizer for most Americans, lol.

Still eating light today. My tummy is a little rumbly from the other night (trying to get at the bad stuff out, if you know what I mean)

Breakfast:

1/2 grapes

1 Apple

Lunch

Same as Brekky

Snack:

2 apples

2 Oranges

Dinner

HUGE!!!!! salad

=]

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Ya I know, people ten to eat a lot, so I'm sure that my entire meal wouldn't have even filled them at all! I guess since eating more raw I need less to fill me up.

Today:

14km run

Breakfast: 1/2 cantaloupe, 1/2 honeydew, 1/4 watermelon, 1/2 cup berries

Lunch: Same as breakfast

Snack: 1 tomato, baby carrots, 1 radish, 1/4 cucumber with hummous & salsa

50min weight training

Dinner: a bit of melon about 30min before dinner

1 zucchini (spaghetti) with mushrooms & sauce (1 tomato, hot pepper, 3 olives, cilantro, 1/2 lime, juiced, green onion & ginger)

1/2 cucumber & seaweed salad with a drizzle of rice vinaegar and sesame oil

Apple sauce (1 apple, 10 strawberries, 1/2 cup blueberries, cinnamon)

joannabanana - that must have been a horrible mess! It happened to me a few years ago when I was blending soup that was still warm. The heat of the soup made it hard for the lid to close and when pressed on the "on" button, the entire lid came off and the soup splattered everywhere!

• Today I had this:

brkfast: coffee (black), 3 small tamalaco, 5 small bananas

lunch: 5 bananas, 1 zapote, 1/4 avocado, 1 tamalaco

snack: jocote and mamon chino (looks like litchi)

supper: pineapple and mint smoothie

• Last night I had green juice of kale, cuc, lemon and celery, followed by a green salad with some onion and red cabbage, with some of my raw mayo on it.

This morning I have had a smoothie of mango, water, spinich, hemp oil and sprilina. Yum.

Lunch today will be a juice of apples, carrots, lime, lettace, cuc and ginger.

We are going to friends tonight so I have no idea what they will come up with, I asked them to just do me a salad so fingers crossed.

Day 9 for me today.

K x x x

• HellO!

TOday:

2 black coffee ( bouhh)

3 small tamalaco

about 10 bananas medium size (the plantain one, small) with cacao powder

1/4 avocado

I handful of raw peanuts

salad made of lettuce, tomatoes, onions and cucumber, with curry and limejuice

I think that's it... I'm having a cinamon tea right now, I'm coming back from the gym and I just feel like going to bed.

So good night! :)

Ok yesterday it just rained and rained and rained. It rained so badly that we had a flash flood warning so I got stuck inside my house all day! Luckily last summer my brother and I converted out garage into a martial arts/work out room and I just recently bought a dance pad for the Xbox 360 so I had stuff to get my exercise in! Not to mention all the house cleaning I did. :D

Yesterday (day 12)

Breakfast: 6 cups papaya

Lunch: 3 veggie nori rolls (same as all my other veggie rolls so far)

Snack: 1/2 cup papaya

30 minute high intensity work out (crunches, push-ups, lunges, squats, punching bag, jumping jacks etc.)

Dinner: Smoothie (2 mangos, a peach, goji berries, banana, strawberry, blueberry, maca, bee pollen, raw honey)

Snack: 3 Medjool Dates

Today was one of those days that I just wanted to get over with. I had to help so many people today and run so many errands + plus make it to karate for my stripe test! At the end of the day I feel good that I managed to accomplish so much and stay raw!!

Today (day 13):

Breakfast: 6 cups papaya

Lunch: 1 large pineapple, 1 1/2 medium sized mangos, 1/2 cups grapes

Snack: A Green Peachy Keen Smoothie (you can find the recipe on my blog)

1 hour karate

Dinner: 2 mangos and a medjool date

• Last night I had green juice when I got in from work, even managed to get my husband to drink 1/2 a pint. Wow.

Went to friends for dinner and they really had thought about me, it was lovely. I had, carrot, beets and onion all mixed, a saland of green leaves and avo, tom's mixed with cuc and celery with mint and flax crackers that they had been out to but. For pud my friend had made icecream of coconut, mango, ginger & agave. It was really lovely and the first time anyone has put any real effot into it for me, I was really happy.

Day 10 for me today.

Almond nut milk with spinich, sprilina, banana, 2 dates, cinimmon and vanilla. Yum

Pumpkin seeds to snack on then juice for lunch, carrot, apple, ginger, lemon, lettace.

Not sure this evening as I have planned to get loads of stuff ready for drying. I am going to make walnut burgers, carrot and onion bread, carrot and beet bread and granola. So I will not doubt be eating as I mix.

K x x

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Kazzie, that's so sweet of your friend - what an effort!

I don't think my friends would have a clue on where to start. They can only just cope with the fact I'm vegan. :-)

Its another cold and rainy day in Ohio.

Breakfast:

2 apples

Concord grapes (fresh off the vine!)

1 banana

Lunch:

Orange

Rest of my salad from last night

I had drama practice, so I ate part of my dinner there, and part at home:

1/2 pomegranete

concord grapes

2 bananas

2 apples

1 orange

tomatoes

carrots

cucumbers

celery

• I'm a little late, but right on time. I've been 75% raw since the 1st of the month. Today I had delicious flax & almond breakfast cake for brunch (I'm allergic to coconut so I used flavor instead). I had kale chips, Cinnamon apples, and bananas for a snack in between meals. A huge salad with a sun burger (thanks so much Ani Phyo!!) for dinner. Well today I ate 100% raw, but I usually have a cooked dinner and something living/raw on the side.

Yesterday (Day 14):

Breakfast: 2 dragon fruit

30 minute vigorous swimming

Lunch: 4 cups raw coleslaw + 1/2 cup mung beans

Snack: a small scoop of raw pumpkin spice ice cream (mamey, banana, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, raw honey, & water blended together and then frozen)

Dinner: A Green Peachy Keen smoothie + 3 medium mangos + 3 medjool dates

Today (Day 15):

Breakfast: 3 cups fruit juice (1/2 a pomegranate + 2 cups of red globe grapes) + a dragon fruit

Lunch: 3 cups leftover raw coleslaw + 1/2 cup mung beans + 15 asparagus spears + 1/2 a tomato

Snack: a couple big scoops of my raw pumpkin spice ice cream

Dinner: Smoothie (1/2 cup blueberries, 2 bananas, goji powder, maca powder, bee pollen, stevia, vanilla, & cinnamon) + 3 medium mangos

rawaholic, what's your recipe for the pumplin spice ice cream?? it sounds soo good!! i'm making raw apple pie and raw pumpkin pie for thanksgiving and it would be lovely to have a seasonal ice cream to serve with them.

• SV3 I know I was totally spoilt I couldn't thank her enough it was great.

Yesterday I was working in Brighton at the raw food cafe, for brecky I had a green smoothy with mango, spinich, spriulina and a bit of raw honey as the mango was not so good.

Lunch was great at the cafe, a raw pancake roll stuffed with sunflower seed cheese, sund dried toms and fresh toms with a side of green leaves.

I had a green juice when I got home as was still full, that had cuc, lime, black kale & celery.

Today is day 12 for me yippee. I made loads of stuff on Wednesday and last night so brecky today was amazing, I had raw granola with a green nut milk made with almonds, banana, dates, spinich and spriulina yummie.

My friend had worked with me this morning so she came for lunch, she's not raw but she totally loves everything that I make and I think she may like to become raw sometime. We had a big salad with raw mayo with walnut burgers on onion bread with a bit of extra beetroot bread and avo's. It was so filling but we managed to fit in a bit of pumpkin pie that I made last night. Wow it was totally yum.

I think just a greenjuice for me tonight!! The usual stuff in it.

Life seems to get better and brighter the more I am 100%, I even picked up a new client today for 16hrs a week. yippee.

Have the best weekend everyone.

K x x x x

Life is great! Being raw is awesome! Have you guys ever heard of Frederic Patinaude? He's really influenced me on being raw, and I totally love him.

So far today I've had:

3 apples

1 cantelope

1 bag of grapes

4 bananas

1 plum

pinapple

carrots

celery

simple, yet satisying

• For breakfast, I had a creamy mango-oange dream ( orange, mango, brazil nuts, and vanilla)

Lunch: Save the Tuna Pate (A. Phyo) with brazil nut cream (Nutritional yeast, nuts, and braggs) and kale & olive salad

day 16: I usually keep the fats down to a minimum, sometimes going a couple weeks at a time without any nuts, seeds, avocado, or oils. Today I felt like I REALLy wanted some avocado, so today has been my "treat day" if you will. Man was it good! :)

I didn't eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the traditional sense today so I'm listing everything by meal.

meal 1 - a Coco Cacao Beauty Smoothie (recipe on my blog)

35 minutes vigorous swimming

meal 2 - the last of my raw coleslaw (2 cups) + 20 asparagus spears + a slice of tomato + 3 medjool dates

20 minutes speed walking

meal 3 - a superfood berry smoothie (1/2 a mango, 1/2 cup strawberries, handful of blueberries, 2 bananas, maca powder, goji powder, spirulina powder, cinnamon, vanilla, and stevia) + 2 1/2 medium mangos

meal 4 - 4 veggie nori rolls (guacamole made from 1 avocado and 1 cup of alfalfa sprouts) w/nama shoyu + 1/2 cup of bruschetta (tomato, garlic, basil, & sea salt)

I think this all adds up to quite the yummy day! :D Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Mmm...your 4th meal sounds really good!