Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Join Us! Raw for 31 Days

12346»

Comments

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

joannabanana, here is the pumpkin spice ice cream recipe for you. Sorry I forgot to post it yesterday.

2 cups Mamey Sapote

2 small bananas

1 heaping tbs. raw honey

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1/2. tsp. pumpkin pie spice

enough water to blend (it varies according to what type of blender you use)

pour mixture into a glass container, cover, and let it sit in freezer over night. let soften on the counter for 5-10 minutes before scooping and serving.

AVL, my 4th meal was the best one out that whole day. ;D

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

rawaholic, thanks for the recipe!! i have everything except mamey sapote- i've never seen them in stores around here (pittsburgh). i just googled it and they look like a cross between a sweet potato and papaya. do you think i could use papaya or even mango as a substitute??

about your nori rolls, they sound sooo good!! is raw nori soft or is it hard? i've gotten nori sheets before but they were hard to roll and kept cracking.

• joanabanana: i would say the mango is better

Yesterday I had:

Brkfst: my boyfriend made me a surprise in the morning with a huge fruit salad (papaya and banana, mostly) with cinammon

Lunch: fresh orange juice

snack: 1 zapote with cinammon and 1 banana

diner: I made some veggie pasta, cutting 1 chaya and 1 carrot, and made some raw tomato sauce, with cut pineapple and spices mmm

had 1 banana for dessert

today so far: nothing, i will be having papaya and zapote for breakfast. I have a looot of lettuce to eat so I might make some rolls for dinner with avocado and bruschetta and a huge salad for supper... I don't feel like eating anything heavy anyway.

Have a nice day!

• yesterday I had melon smoothy, raw burger with salad, raw onion bread with cuc.

Today I had so far, 2 bowels of raw granola with banana, gogis and coconut water. Rawslaw with raw burger,cuc and spinich.

Last night I had a few glasses of wine with friends, we went to see our town firework display.I always make wrong food choices when I drink. My hubby wanted a kebab so I had salad from the kebab shop but they put it in a pitta bread so I ate that as well. Shouldn't have but it was nice and I could have had worse lol.

Green juice later.

Happy Sunday everyone. x

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I know what you mean Kazzie, drinking is my downfall. I went out and had a couple of pear ciders and a cocktail last night and on the way home my BF stopped by the Spar for snacks. I wish I had just waited outside. I ended up getting a bag of Snack a Jacks and some banana chips (the bad ones with sugar on them). Felt a bit bad but then in the whole scheme of things, it really could've been worse!

Today I've had:

Green juice of apples, cucumber, celery, ginger and lemon

Milkshake of almond milk, frozen banana, dates and cinnamon - bloody gorgeous!

Slice of pumpkin bread

Salad of lettuce, cucumber, toms, corn and olives

Handful of baby carrots and hummus

Handful of raisins and banana chips

Later I'm having zucchini pasta and some kind of pumpkin/tomato sauce.

joannabanana,

yeah I'm sure mango or papaya would work beautifully! :) Raw nori is neither very soft, nor very hard. Raw nori is soft enough that it rolls easily, but still firm enough to hold its shape after being rolled and cut. Here is the type I buy from the health food store I frequent:

http://www.edenfoods.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=29_59&products_id=109000

========================================================================================

Day 17:

meal 1 - smoothie (1/2 c. papaya, 1 c. pineapple, 1 c. mango, 1 navel orange, 1/4 c. goji berries, lime juice) + 2 cups chopped pineapple

meal 2 - salad (2 c. spinach, 1 c. alfalfa sprouts, 1/2 c. tomato bruschetta) + 2 nori sheets w/ the last 2 scoops of quacomole + 6 asparagus spears

meal 3 - 4 mangos

1 hour speed walk w/my mom (love her!) :D

meal 4 (dessert) - smoothie (3 frozen bananas, 3 medjool dates, lucuma powder, cinnamon powder, vanilla, stevia)

Day 18: My mom and I went to Whole Foods today and decided to buy as many fruits as we could that we've never tried before or that we hadn't had in ages. What fun! We bought persimmons, star fruit, blood oranges, a quince fruit, passion fruit (had this before but wanted to get it again), a quince fruit, & cranberries, plus a bunch of fruit we usually get.

Meal 1 - 1 cup of smoothie (leftover pineapple, orange, 2 kiwi, spirulina, and goji powder)

Fluid - 16 oz. carrot, tangerine, and orange juice

Meal 2 - a HUGE veggie bowl (broccoli, carrot, baby corn, cabbage, tomato, snow peas, mushroom, onion, and garlic)

meal 3 - 3 medium mangos + smoothie (5 frozen bananas, 6 medjool dates, tbs. raw honey, lucuma powder, cinnamon, and vanilla)

iamrawaholic.blogspot.com/

• SV3 I think that is the key really, although I was a little bad it really could have been worse. Last night my husband ordered an indian meal for 2, just for himself, I was really strong and did not have anything but it smelt so nice. I went into the kitchen to make another raw pumpkin pie instead lol.

I did not get my green juice last night but I made a choc pud from and avo, raw cacao powder, agave and vanilla, it was lovely. I think that was my treat after watching the hubby eat so much food!

Today I have been really clumsy, seems to happen when I am due. I fell down the steps whilst carrying my bike, ouch lol.

I have a green smoothy, mango, spinich and spriulina.

2 apples, 1 banana, a bunch of red grapes and a handfull of pumpkin seeds. Feeling very full and tired.

Tonight I will have green juice and a raw sandwich before going to salsa dancing.

Have fun everyone.

K x x x

• Wow what has happened to everyone who was posting on here??

So last night after my green juice I had a big salad of spinich, red cabbage, cuc, raw burger and some onion raw bread.

This am I had raw granola with extra gogi, cocoa nibs, banana and coconut water. For lunch today I will have a juice. Not sure about this evening as I have to rush to the shop in my lunch to get greens.

Hope everyone is still doing well.

Blessings

K x x

Yeah where is everybody? This week so far has been so busy that I have had to switch from 3 big meals a day to smaller meals a day to meet my calorific needs. I hope things calm down soon. I miss just sitting down and taking my time enjoying a nice raw meal.

Yesterday (19):

30 minutes speed walking with mother

meal 1 - 2 kiwi, 2 cups strawberries, 1 cup papaya

meal 2 - 2 radishes and 4 cups baby spinach w/ a 1/2 cup cucumber + 2 cups tomato bruschetta + 7 asparagus spears + 1/2 cup soaked edamame beans

30 minutes vigorous freestyle swimming

meal 4 - 3 medium mangos

35 minutes speed walking with my dog

meal 5 - A giant smoothie (7 frozen bananas + 8 medjool dates + 1 tbs. raw honey + lucuma powder + cinnamon + vanilla)

+++++++++++

Day 20:

meal 1 - 2 cups pineapple + 2 strawberries

meal 2 - 3 radishes and 2 cups baby spinach w/ 2cups tomato bruschetta + 1/8 cup onion + 8 asparagus spears + 1/4 cup of cucumber + 3/4 cup soaked edamame beans

meal 3 - smoothie (1 passion fruit + 1 starfruit + 1 mango + 1/2 cup pineapple + 1 frozen banana)

1 hour speed walking with my mom

meal 4 - 1 medium mango + 15 globe grapes

I have an hour of karate to look forward to tonight and then some watermelon for my last meal (yummy!)

• I stopped the challenge after about 1 week because I don't feel that it is right for me, I didn't like the restriction of labeling myself as 100% raw and prefer to trust myself to make the right food decisions as they are presented to me. I eat all raw when I'm on my own at home but if somebody offers me something non-raw or if I go out for dinner I like to be able to try those things too. At the moment I'm happy with this level of raw, I feel completely healthy and trying to stick to strict rules made me unhappy and feel restricted and therefore more likely to make unhealthy food choices as some sort of twisted compensation to myself.

However I'm glad I tried this, it is definitely something that I will have another go at in the future. I'm really impressed with all of those who have stuck with this challenge. xx

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Violet, I admire your honesty and the fact you are happy to just go with what works for you.

It's sometimes easy to feel ousted for not striving to be 100% at all times. I know lots of people here are fine with not being 100%, but it's still nice to read your post. :-)

• Last night I had green juice of beet greens, broc greens, celery and lime. Then I had a salad of lettace, toms, cuc, celery and broc that I made a dressing for from sunflower seeds, chillie, ginger, coconut water with spurlina in it, was very nice.

This morning I had raw granola with coconut water, 2 bananas, gogi and cocoa nibs. Lunch we went out for as one of my co workers is leaving today, I had a nice salad with olives, it had some dressing on it that I am sure wasn't raw but it was yummie. I made pumpkin pie for pud and everyone seemed to like it yippee.

Yes Violet fantastic honesty and so happy you felt you could post it. It has taken me well over a year to be able to even think of doing this challange. I do find that I am sticking to it better as I have this post to do each day. Who knows what will happen at the end of October! I will prob end up eating a roast lol. Enjoy your journey.

Blissings all

K x

• Today I didn't have anything apart from water until 5pm then I had a raw brownie. Tonight I had lettace, raw burger, tom, cuc and some raw goats cheese.

• yesterday, green smoothie, melon and sprulina. salad with raw burger for lunch, grapes for t.

• SimplyRawesomeSimplyRawesome Raw Jr. Leader

Day 25 and still going strong. I've been posting my daily food consumption on my blog.

Congrats to all who are achieving their goal. Labels don't matter, doing what is best for you is what matters. High raw is best for me and my health.

As Kazzie said, "Enjoy the journey!"

• Yesterday I had a salad at a meeting I was attending, it was very nice but I think the dressing was not raw. Still I enjoyed it and there was only a little of the dressing. Then when I got home I had, beet and carrot bread with lettace, onions, toms, cuc, olives, raw pesto and raw goats cheese. Yum

Today is day 21 for me I have had 3 banana, mango and spinich smoothie, and I am just eating and big bowel of raw choc granola with gogies and coconut water yum. I thinkI may be eating another in a minute!

The last 2 days I have started having a spoon of hemp seed oil as I am suffering with really dry lips hopefully this will help.

• Do you think we could do one of these for november too? Haha I missed the start of this one!

• NyahzNyahz Raw Newbie

I second that, ianpenk! Just finally joined goneraw.com after going on this site on and off for months...I did 3 weeks raw earlier this year but fell off the wagon and would love to have some company to get healthier again =)

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

ok, I'm going to be honest here.....

Breakfast- coffee with cream and a pice of raisin toast.. I am now going to make a big green smoothie!!

• Today I have had a juice for brecky, apple, carrot, pepper, lemon, celery, cuc and beetroot. Lunch was the same minus the beetroot. I have had a handful of pumpkin seeds.

Nyahz & ianpeck we can carry on with this thread if you are up for it, I will have ago at doing 2 months.

RawkarateGirl, glad you felt you could be honest here, this thread has really helped me to stick to raw but lots of people have dropped off, I don't think anyone should feel pressured to do 100%, I just find it really helpful to have this to post to each day. Gives me a goal.

Blissings

K x

• Last night I had a green juice of kale, cuc, lemon, celery. Then went salsa dancing.

Today I have had Juice this am of apple, cuc, pepper, beetroot, kale and carrot

lunch was juice of apple, cuc, carrot, pepper, celery and lemon

I had 2 handfuls of pumpkin seeds and another apple.

We have friends coming over tonight so I have cooked them a big curry, I have made myself a mix of celriac, carrot and red cabbage with a dressing of coconut milk, sunflowerseeds, chillie, ginger, gram massalla and a tiny bit of onion. I will also do a big green salad to have with this and have some carrot and onion bread. Yum

K x x x

• NyahzNyahz Raw Newbie

Kazzie that sounds like a plan. It's good to hear that this thread was able to help you keep on track! =D altho I think Nov should be an easier starting point might as well get myself motivated so here goes:

1/2 a donut

Cucumber/celery juice, Cantaloupe juice, a banana

Bean sprouts, pea shoots, red pepper, kelp noodles & homemade guacamole wrapped in nori. Not sure if the nori is technically raw. At least the pkg said dried, not roasted like many do! I don't know if I can really justify paying ~$5 for 10 sheets of raw nori

Guac & blue corn chips. ole!

Hey Everybody.

Something really strange had been happening me for the last three days. All of a sudden I started feeling heavy, I lost most of my appetite, and I broke out pretty badly on my left cheek. Today was the same way until about half an hour after lunch when I suddenly got a bad case of chills and stomach cramps. A few minutes after that and I was running to the bathroom with an urgent need to GO! Afterwards I felt sooo much better! I felt lighter, my appetite has come back with a fury, and hopefully my face will start clearing up now. Do you think I had some sort of detox? I'm not sure because i've never experienced one before. Anyways. . .

Day 27:

Breakfast - Half a honeydew melon

Lunch - Spirulina Pudding (chia seed gel, 1 small banana, 1 small mango, 6 small strawberries, spirulina, maca, vanilla, & stevia) + 1 medium mango c

Pre-Karate Meal - 2 medium bananas sliced lengthwise with two great big dollops of raw persimmon jam

an hour of karate

Post-Karate Meal - 3 cups chopped pineapple, 2 medium mangos, and a kiwi

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

rawaholic, what kind of karate do you take??

i definitely think it was a detox!! our bodies react so interesting to the things we put in and on them. a few weeks ago, my lips were really swollen and i had no idea why. i'm guessing it's from the cooked foods i eat. it lasted about a week and then i went to the bathroom a lot, too.

glad you're feeling better though : )

• So last night our friends came round and ate a curry that I had made for them. I had a few glasses of wine and had a mouthful of curry, had to see if it was ok lol. Even that one spoonful gave me such a tummy ache. Ouch. I enjoyed my raw meal and our friends tried what I had made and liked it.

Today I have had a spoon of hemp oil followed by a date to take the taste away lol. A small salad of olive, toms, cuc with a tiny bit of feta cheese. Not the best thing in the world.

I am going to juice for lunch and then again this evening. I am trying to not eat after 6pm but I guess juice is ok as it is a drink?

Could use a few more hours sleep as our friends didn't leave till midnight and I get up at 5.30am. Feeling very snoozy!

I am hopeing to do a juicy week starting Monday when I am much less busy.

Blissings to everyone

K x x

joannabanana, I take American Karate which takes all the strengths of others martial arts (i.e. Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Jujutsu, Judo, etc.) and combining it together to make a new martial art a.k.a. American Karate.

Day 28:

70 Jumping Jacks

70 Crunches

70 Sit-ups

15 Minutes Stretching

30 Minute Speed Walk

Breakfast - Antioxidant Smoothie (pomegranate juice, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and honey)

Lunch - Sweet and Sour Soup (spirulina, maca, 1 1/2 medium mangos, 4 strawberries, 1 banana, chia seed gel, vanilla, and stevia) with diced up pieces from 1/2 a mango in it.

Snack - Another mango and a cup of pineapple

30 Minute Speed Walk

Dinner - Big Salad (romaine, chard, mung beans, bell pepper, green onion, asparagus, tomato, cucmber, and mushroom) with a low-fat salad dressing (fresh basil, parsley, and cilantro, tomato, celery, garlic, and lemon juice).

Might have some grapes or dragon fruit later tonight if I get hungry again. Tonight is family movie night so I will probably get the munchies. :D

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

OMG Rawaholic, just reading that you had raw persimmon jam has spun my head! So jealous!

I am in love with persimmons but haven't had one for such a long time now.

• Today I have had my first day working from home, so not much movement as I have been inputting data all day.

Started with raw granola with coconut milk and a banana on it yum. Then had some raw white choc and lime cake at about 5pm I had some raw curryslaw with lettece. Thats it. No juice today oops will have to have lots tomorrow.

Off to Brighton for a talk about vitality and eating live food.

Have a great evening all

K x x

Great day! Lot's of sun, water, fresh air, energy, exercise, and raw food! :D I went raw cacao crazy today.

20 minute speed walk

meal - 1.5 cups pineapple + 2 blood oranges

meal 2 - smoothie (2 cups frozen banana, cacao powder, vanilla, 3 medjool dates, honey)

meal 3 -smoothie (2 cups frozen banana, cacao powder, vanilla, stevia, honey)

meal 4 a.k.a. pre-karate meal - smoothie (2 cups frozen banana, cacao powder, vanilla, stevia, honey)

60 minutes karate

meal 5 a.k.a. post-karate meal - 3 medium mangos

A lot of water in between

I made it. Woohoo!! 31 days and 100% raw. Doing a victory dance!

Day 31 (the finale):

Breakfast: 2 cups red globe grapes and 2 medium mangos

Lunch: Salad (chard, romaine, 2 cups bruschetta, and 1 cup soaked beans)

30 minute power walk

Dinner: Smoothie (3 cups frozen banana, 1 heaping tbs. cacao powder, raw honey, stevia, vanilla)