Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Shaking-am I detoxing?

liger99liger99 Raw Newbie

My hands just started shaking, and I'm getting hot flashes.

Now, let me tell you, this has never happened to me before. I'm always cold, and ive never had my hands shake before. m pretty sure its a detox symptom. have any of you had experiences with this?

Comments

• juicefastfanjuicefastfan Raw Newbie

Are you new to the raw lifestyle? Are you eating anything different than before? Was it recently after you ate something? It could be a sign of detox, but it could also be low blood sugar (I've had sugar probs since I was like 11 so way too familiar with that), it could also be a hormonal thing if you're female. It could be a lot of different things but without knowing anything else, it would be hard to venture a guess other than the basic and obvious ones.It helps to keep a journal, especially if you are going through a cleanse or transitional period in your diet, then you can see how certain things correlate with each other. For example, when I juice fast, on my "bad" (detox) days I wake up with a white-coated tongue and I know its a day that I just have to grit my teeth and get through. It took me awhile to figure it out though, and journaling really helped.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

liger, are you eating any cacao or carob? both of those make my hands shake and heart race. besides that, i've always had cold hands as well.

• liger - are you eating ENOUGH? A lot of people think they can eat the same sized salads and fruit portions when they go raw and end up not eating nearly enough calories to sustain them! You should be eating A LOT - especially if you're transitioning. Make sure if you're eating salads that they are salads for 3 instead of for 1, that you're eating loads of fruit (I'm talking 6+ bananas a day, plus other fruit as well) and drink fruit and veg smoothies between "meals" (if you are following a typical 3-a-day meal plan). Don't be scared of high-calorie avocados! It might seem like you're eating a lot but you NEED all the fiber and energy from this delicious, nutritious food to heal your body and clean your system.

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

my guess is your either eating too often or too much fat or not enough sleep

• Terilyn, your comment makes me think about...my salad size is the same as before being raw, my salads before was quite big but just one plate (I completed my meal with beans or pasta or steamed vegs or seitan 'cos i was vegan) and now i just eat the salad plus 1/2 avocado...Normally i eat maybe 3 or 4 pieces of fruit everyday also.

I thought I feel tired and with no energy because of the detox, but maybe is because I dont eat enough :(

The funny thing is im not hungry!! for example, I eat two pears at 9am and have lunch at 2pm and Im not hungry between...I check my calories in a website and yesterday was 850...I think is not much but I dont know why Im not hungry. Maybe I should force myself to eat, but yesterday I made a 6 kiwis smoothie and I get an upset stomach... :(

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

My salads were huge before going raw, too. At least 10 cups of greens each.

• liger99liger99 Raw Newbie

I do have touble getting enough food in, but I did eat a veggie(not raw) pizza [EEEK!!!} on Sunday, which I do regret. I've been raw ever since, so I think it was just my body gtting rid of those 'pizza cells'

=]

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

I'll give my vote for low blood sugar. I have to really watch mine sometimes, and I have to make sure I keep eating and eating, no skipping meals! and I have to take it easy on the fruits sometimes. But anyhow, whenever my sugar gets low those are the first symptoms to appear. I start feeling very anxious/nervous, and I get physically shakey along with hot flashes and sweating.

• You're not hungry because your body is full of fantastic fiber, which makes you feel full, regardless of the calories you've consumed. 850 is NOT enough calories to sustain you - not even close! Eat often - bananas are a great way to gain calories AND fiber and don't require any preparation. Plus, they're not a big food, so you can stuff one in even if you're not hungry :) MORE CALORIES!

x

• Thank u Terilyn!

sure 850 is not much...I was shocked when I saw the number!

I have to force myself to eat 'cos after a couple of fruits I feel full, but anyway Im going to do the "banana trick" or make a smoothie with many fruits...

Thanks!

xx

• Chef ShuannaChef Shuanna Raw Newbie

Wow, I have a couple pears and a banana for breakfast and nutridiary tells me I have already consumed 400 calories. I feel like I eat very little and amaze myself that I have eaten over 2000 calories. Blows my mind.

I myself have been horrible shaky and incredibly dizzy at times! I found out for me... it was my blood sugar. I am also in a state of pretty heavy detox so some if it is that BUT I know when I snack on some fruit or something when I experience the shakes, it goes away. I need to make sure I am snacking on a regular basis.

Detox can be rather uncomfortable. I just think about the benefits afterwards!

Cheers!

• I had a SAD binge after eating mostly raw last weekend and for three days i felt horribly sick-- had major headaches, heat flashes, and sweats. I was also extremely tired. I can only blame it on the SAD food!! I too had a veggie pizza ( along with other things...)

• liger99liger99 Raw Newbie

I feel a lot better now. I ate about 3 lbs of grapes, 6 bananas, 3 apples, 4 oranges, and a big salad. Not all the things in the salad were 'raw' per-say (canned mushrooms, olives, garbanzo beans, and some seeds) but thats okay. I refuse to obsses over eating non-raw olives, when I could be eating a whole lot worse.