is raw corn okay while doing 811 diet?

i need something and its either chickpeas or raw corn added to my salad i just need something more in my diet then fruit and salads.

any ideas?

Comments

• the59soundthe59sound Raw Newbie

You want chick peas and raw corn. You don't need them. If you want to feed these cravings, feel free. If you want to eat healthy, you'll fight it off and eat simple. Simpler the better.

• FortuneFortune Raw Newbie

the59sound, not everyone is raw for the same reasons you are. We all have different values and preferences, and some people want to eat for enjoyment as well as nutrition. That is not a bad thing - self punishment by denying all things pleasurable is a far worse condition than eating food for pleasure as well as nutrition. Also, how do you know what she does and does not need? Do you know her specific nutrient requirements based on her individual health history? Both chickpeas and raw corn contain some nutrients that are not easily found in raw vegan foods - her 'need' for them is not necessarily psychological, and even if it were, so what? Both are very healthy foods that can be included a well rounded diet. Stop being such a raw food nazi.

Spekgirl, listen to your body. If you feel like you need something more than just fruits and vegetables, then choose something simple that agrees with your body. Maybe soaked raw sunflower seeds or raw hemp seeds on your salad will satisfy your craving for something 'more'.

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

I'm on the only fruits and vegetables team. Raw corn is okay on the 811 diet.

I didn't realize there were teams. That explains the (sometimes) cut-throat competition.

• there are teams?

well i am trying to do 811 but its not a one diet for one body..... i have had anorexia very severly for 12 years and DO need something a little more then just fruits and vgetables.

thanks you fortune ..... i might try some nuts they might be a bit more healthy then the corn or chickpeas well @ least they are more raw :)

spekgirl - Listen to your body - it will tell you what you need. Neither chickpeas nor corn are unhealthy foods, so if you feel you 'need' them, then have them. There are no hard and fast 'diet' or food rules (raw or otherwise) that any one person has to adhere to.

As a recovering anorexic, it is also important to put the focus on what foods you DO like, and CAN eat, as opposed to limiting yourself further.

If you want to 'listen to your body' do not complain when you fail. Fortune isn't very bright, she is trying the 811 diet, I gave her a perspectivr from a fellow 811'er. Crazy how defensive your types get.

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

spekgirl i have dealt with where you are coming from personally with an eating disorder, you alone know what is good for your body. do not get swayed by peoples own experiences, do what you want to do. for years you have been denying yourself (i know ive been there) and its time to start nourishing yourself. if you want chickpeas, eat them. don't let the whole "teams" thing get in your way, it is very easy to get caught up in all of the superiority. thats just my two cents.

take care :)

the59sound - thank you for confirming what I long suspected - that this site is not for me. I almost avoided joining this site because of a post just like this one, wherein you scolded someone for having views dissimilar to your own. I thought I could put up with the immaturity you so easily broadcast, but apparently I can't, so I will quietly leave the site and let your views rule. Hopefully no anorexia or bulimic people listen to your bogus advice and end up worse off than before discovering raw. And by the way, I'm very bright.

Best of luck spekgirl, don't let the assholes get you down.

Simple as this, if she would have said 'can I include chick peas in my raw diet', I would not be in this thread. As an 811'er, we get our carbs from the most nutrtionally complete food : fruit. Anything else is subpar and less optimal. You're on my case about being an elitist, but it's you who is quick to judge and point the finger. Take care.