Can avocados help...

... with weight loss and cellulite? :)

Comments

• rawlizardrawlizard Raw Newbie

Rather than eating a sinlge food item, a more comprehensive approach (namely a raw diet) helped me to get rid of celulitis. I am not sure if you are new to raw, but if you are, the whole raw approach will help you with many things, and I can assure you that you will see improvements in the way your body looks in general. :0]

• Hi rawlizard, thanks for your reply :)

I am new to raw but have researched it for a long time, and taking the gradual transition approach at the moment :) so I'm looking forward to feeling the benefits! Just eaten a banana! I hope that's a good breakfast :D

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

liss, you will have to eat AT LEAST 2-3 bananas for a good breakfast that will hold you till lunch. Oftentimes, 2-3 bananas and one other piece of fruit is necessary. I eat that usually also have coffee with hazelnut milk which also gives me some more calories. Or a half or whole cantaloupe. eat more than you think you would. since all you're eating is fruits is vegetables you need to eat alot more of them! fruit for breakfast, if you can get yourself to eat a salad for lunch, then you're already 50% raw :) Good Luck!

• rawlizardrawlizard Raw Newbie

I totaly agree with Luxdivon, you need to eat a lot more than one banana for breakfast. You need to have enough calories to keep you rolling. Seeds or/and nuts, for example, are great addition to any breakfast. My favorite is hemp seed, since you can easily add it to a fruit salad and smoothies.

Have you tried green smoothies yet? there are a few recipes here in this site, and many people likes to have them for breakfast. Just add basically whaever you feel, blend, and voila your breakfast is ready!

• Luxdivon and Rawlizard, thanks for your replies :)

I agree with the eating much more than one banana, since I felt very hungry fairly soon afterwards :D so I'll definitely take that into account now!

Rawlizard, I actually love green smoothies and used to try and have them every other day at one point but that was really the only raw food move I made and it didn't last very long due to my own laziness :(

But I'm going to make some today and have one for breakfast tomorrow too!

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

I'm the laziest person on the planet! lol. That's why i just eat fruit for breakfast. LOL. But seriously it's the laziest diet anyone can undertake :) If at any point i'm like what can i eat, i just nicely remind myself to open the fridge, and voila, there's a carrot, or some cherry tomatoes, or a mango, and i'm set. I can be both lazy & healthy at the same time. I'm like "this is awesome". Speaking of which. I need to go eat some kiwis & bananas. and maybe some almonds too.

• grapefruit.fanaticgrapefruit.fanatic Raw Newbie

I have found that besides the enormous amount of health benefits it provides, the raw foods diet is THE way to go for weight loss without being deprived.

I eat plenty of fat in avocados (one whole one a day sometimes), almonds, seeds and olive oil (cold-pressed) without measuring or weighing a thing, and I lost immediately on this diet. I was a healthy weight to start but prefer to be smaller, which I have never been able to maintain without being hungry (and therefore very grumpy) most of the time. So do not be afraid of those healthy raw fats that most diets make you limit!