do you drink with meals & need a recipe for a light drink

I am having a small get together and making a pate w/ flax crackers for appetizer - mock tuna salad - and choc. pie for desert. Looking for an idea for a light drink.

Is it true you should not drink with your meals? I've read you should drink 20 minutes before or 2 hrs after. What are your thoughts.

Would love a snazzy simple drink to go with my dinner.

thanks!

Comments

• I make an iced 'thing' that's very refreshing - I'm entirely sure it'd go with your menu plan....

1 green apple

1 lemon, juice and flesh

about a tsp ginger

1 tsp honey/agave nectar (or i think dates would work for 100% raw)

top up to about 1 -1.5L with water, blend.

Stick it in the freezer in a shallow pan for a few hours, then put it back in the blender just before you serve.

• juicefastfanjuicefastfan Raw Newbie

A "fizzy" drink we do on very special occasions, usually just on holidays, is juice apple and pears, add (we start at 1/2 tsp and up it to taste) raw honey/agave nectar/brown rice syrup (whatever sweetener you feel comfortable with) and then we add sparkling water (not the soda water, just the plain carbonated water). Amounts depend on how much you need to make at a time. We do about 8 oz of sparkling water to aprox 2 oz of juice/sweetener mix. The kids absolutely love this because they think they are getting pop (we call it special pop =) and most adults seem to love it too. But, you could do any combination of fruit that you like.

And, I don't drink with my meals because I have read that it can dilute your digestive juices and I seem to get enough hydration from my food because I'm rarely thirsty during a meal.

• The RawtarianThe Rawtarian Raw Superstar

I make a nice chia seed drink when I want something special.

I don't have a recipe but it involves water, lemon juice, agave, and chia seeds. The chia seeds become kind of gelatinous and it's kind of a fun drink, like Orbitz, if anyone remembers that drink from ten years ago!