Questions for dancharming

queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Hi dancharming10,

I have some questions for you.:) Since you have been into natural and raw living since 15 and you seem to have so much knowledge and experience on the subjects – I was wondering what your personal care regime is like?

Do you use soap on your skin? From you picture it looks like you shave – so what do you use? What about teeth cleaning? Do you use any sort of “natural” deordant or scent ever?

I have stopped using any soaps and shampoos or commercial toothpastes but I still shave and that is the only time that is is hard to not use soaps. I tried coconut oil and it didn’t work out so well (unless I did it wrong).

Also, I don’t know how the water is in London but here in the US many places have hard water with lots of chlorine in it- do you use anything like a water filter or softener in your home? Or do you not worry about water conditions and the effects it has on your hair and skin and being absorped into your body?

Very interested in hearing your thoughts on these issues.:)

thanks! queen

Comments

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Get an electric razor and you won’t need lather to shave.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Hi dancharmin10,

I thought I’d add my own question here for you as well. It appears that you are in London – a city I will be visiting in the near future. Do you have any recommendations for raw restaurants?

Thanks, Kandace

• Hi Queenfluff

for washing my face I just use cold water, I have filter on my tap water and shower, however I only drink bottled water possibly from glass bottles.

for my hair and for shaving I use pure Castilla soap Contains: Water, Saponified Organic Coconut and Olive Oils (with retained glycerine), organic Jojoba oil, organic Aloe Vera, and Rosemary extract. he’s extremely mild and you can use it for every purpuse really, my favourite company is http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/face/face.html

I used just 2 oils for my face, pure coconut oil in the morning, use the pure coconut oil the one suitable for cooking, don’t get coconut essential oil. You will find coconut oil to make your skin extremely smooth and moisturized, another oil I use and I like is from the same company above mountain rose herbs and it is the following : Classic Rose Facial Oil you can find it at the above link, I use very little of this occasionally at night as I find coconut oil working very well for me, my wife love the classic rose facial oil.

for toothpaste In the past I used to do a mixture of baking soda and hymalayan salt, i also used pure peppermint oil, in the last 3 years I found an amazing cleansing powder here the link: http://mizar5.com/narapowder.html try it and I guarantee you will be amazed, my cousin had easy to bleed gums and after just using this product 2 times a day for only 1 week she had no more bleeding gums.

Hope I have been of any help.

Dan

• well i personally have really oily hair .. and i love it when its clean and fluffy … how do i get that same look and feel from soap that has a whole bunch of oils in it?

• Hi kandace, my favourite is called “Vita Organic” 279 Finchley road, london, NW3 6ND, T. 020774352188, its a vegetarian and raw food oriented restaurant and cafe with a lovely juice bar and friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Magdi check out http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/face/face.html they have great natural products I’m sure they have some great product for oily hair, my hair are oily as well the castille soap work well for me.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

thanks dancharming! I like that site link. I use salt and msm for my tooth powder myself which I make at home. I don’t use shampoo but I like all the bulk products on the site.

Another site that might interest you which is similar is:

http://www.wiseways.com/index2.shtml

magdi, all shampoos have oils in them (the saponified coconut oil is modified in a lab to turn into suds when used in shampoos – reall coconut oil doesn’t suds up). Check out some of the hair products on the wiseways site. I have used them in the past (some of the rinses). Rosemary is good for oily hair even if it is in oil form.