Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Are you with ME?!?!?!

Hi Everyone,

I would like to invite you to join me in my journey to becoming 100% "fruitarian" (High water content, Low fat, Low Protien, emphasis on fruit and veggies...very little oils, nuts and seeds...aka 80/10/10).

I am going to go through all of the ups, and the downs. I am going to post what I've eaten, how i've exercised, and the symptoms I've been through each day. I think it will be fun, educational, and give a little insight to those interested in embrking on the journey themselves. I am starting a blog to make a commitment to you and to myself. So please take a moment to join me, by following my blog:

www.FruitIsStaceysFriend.blogspot.com

I would really appreciate your support!

Sincerely,

Stacey

Comments

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Hi Stacey,

I've kind of been doing 80/10/10 for the past few months, but I haven't perfected it yet, I still need to tweek certain things for it to be accurate. I can do it most of the days, but then there are days (like yesterday) where I eat cooked SAD foods. I really need to eliminate this because it is totally ruining all my efforts to succeed my goals. This usually happens about twice a week and I am determined to stop it. It's better than what it used to be, so I just need totally set my mind to it.

I don't want to put too much pressure on myself though because sometimes when I do this I let myself down and quit. So I'm taking this one day at a time.

• I'm with you, but as soon as it's warm outside again.

• kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

Hi Stacey! I'm really excited for you! I have been a frugivore for about 8 months and I'm really loving it! The way you're going about it with the blog is really great! I wish I had done it that way when I first started. There's this workbook I printed out from 30bananasaday.com that has really helped me. It's on http://www.scribd.com/doc/17640579/Workbook if you want to take a look. I saw that you are in the L.A. area on your blog. I definitely recommend paying a visit to the Los Angeles produce mart on olympic to buy in bulk and save a ton of money. They don't have very many organics but I was able to find some while I was there.

Wish you all the best :)

• I'm WITH YOU!!

I've been struggling to get in the flow, but I'm determined to make it work.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I'm with you but I don't think 10% of calories (or so) from protein is "low." I think it's just what our bodies need.

• hey I am following your blog! I can't wait to read about your experiences with 80-10-10 Ive watched tons of videos from durian riders (australian guys on youtube) who promote the 80-10-10 lifestyle! Follow my blog if you like! :D

www.myreallyrawlife.blogspot.com! I am so glad 80-10-10 is getting out there and more people are doing it. At the moment I am not, but am very interested so maybe your blog is just what I need ;)

Thanks again!! have a great day!

ketrin

• kellyanne, I looked at that workbook--it looks interesting. Although I'm not going to do it right away I plan to print it out and go through the whole exercise one day.

• I just decided to try 80:10:10 starting yesterday. I watched some Doug Graham talks and it got me pretty excited. So far things are going well. Even after just one day of laying off the nuts/seeds that I so often overeat, my body feels calm and my cravings for fatty things have nearly disappeared. Yesterday I ate 6 apples, a cup of pea sprouts, 2 heirloom tomatoes, a pineapple, a handful of dates, and a tablespoon of cashew cheese, a plum, a cup of snap peas with some dip I made with cucumber, tomato and dill, and maybe some other stuff I'm forgetting. I feel wonderful! : ) I'm already detoxing in the way I usually do every time I make a positive diet change.

I am with you too!

• ohh alexa .. you've got me motivated! what recipe do you use for cashew cheese?

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

I read your blog! I am with you too!

• Ketrin, I buy Dr. Cow cheese as a treat because it's so delicious! I'm pretty sure the ingredients are simply cashews, salt and acidophilus, aged for a number of weeks. I want to learn how to make it because it's very expensive, but I can't resist it sometimes!

Glad I've got you motivated :D

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Ketrin,

I make cashew cheese too. I use 1.5 cups of cashews soaked for 2 hours. Then I drain them & put them in a food processor with 1/2 to 1 cup of water, 1-2 cloves of garlic, a pinch of Himalayan salt, & a bit of pepper. I process it until it has a smooth consistency. Then I put it in a container and in the fridge for 24 hours so it becomes a little firmer. It never becomes firm, it's more like a spread rather than a cheese. But it's pretty good. I'm experimenting with different ingredients, because I am not a huge fan of garlic. I put some cayenne pepper in there with 1/2 clove of garlic and it gave it a bit of a spicy taste, which is pretty good too.

• wow I jsut checked this....yay i am so happy you are all going to join me!!!! lets keep in touch, my email is stylestacey@yahoo.com,

i think it would be great for people to post comments on the blog, so that other readers can gain from questions and comments.

• i found Fred Patenaude and Roger Haeske really motivating. it's kind of hard sell on their websites, but i find their advice to be very down to earth and less esoteric than some others.

• Thank for the cheese recipe AVL, alexa maybe this recipe would be good to try.. I am pretty sure I can't get that cheese you buy here in my tiny town in west texas :-/ but I am traveling to houston soon AND WILL BE GOING CRAAZZZY AT WHOLEFOODS! so I will look for it there :D Thanks for all the motivation today is my 2 week anniversary of being 100% raw for two weeks. I am going to write a blog about the changes I went through being 100% .. and a litle detox I went through. You might find it interesting/motivating!

Thanks again you guys!

Ketrin

www.myreallyrawlife.blogspot.com

• Ketrin, doesn't look like there are any stores in Texas that sell Dr. Cow (http://www.dr-cow.com/where-to-buy/) That's disappointing : ( If anyone knows how to make aged cheese, please share! :D

• Hi!

I've eaten like this for many years (raw for seven years, high fruit/simple/low fat for 5) and LOVE it! You will definitely feel great and feel better as time goes on. Just be sure to eat enough to stay satisfied. It really helps.

Blessings,

Audrey