Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

uncook books

Hello Friends. I’m a simple gal who doesn’t like to mangle my produce with a lot of tricks and tools. I’m looking for some raw recipe books but all the ones I’ve found involve pricey gadgets, soaking, sprouting, and hard to find ingredients. Any suggestions on some uncook books that offer simple recipes and inspiration? Love. Jay

Comments

• Check out Fredirique Patenadues Raw secrets alllhis stuff is super simple…and easy also the garden diet website has plenty of quick good recipes… Have fun!

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Yeah, I’ve been a little frustrated by this as well. I like to do the big fancy recipes every now and then but most of the time I like to just keep things simple and it’s hard to find recipe books that revolve around “simple”. Heeeee, that why I like this site!

• jennifer cornbleet’s raw food made easy for 1 to 2 people is good. of course some of the recipes require a blender or food processor…

• OMG you guys have got to check out Rawvolution, it has most all simple recipes in it and when i mean simple i mean simple cause I don’t do anything with very many ingrediants, alot of the recipes that you find on this web site seem to come from the book. it is good, I have only two raw recipe books and the other is dining in the raw, and it seems to be more difficult, and use some ingredients I can’t afford like pine nuts way to expiencive for me. good luck

• leigh starleigh star Raw Newbie

Hey jbirdblue!!! I too, have gone without gadgets other than my dumpstered blender and am doing fine! My favorite uncook book that has very little focus on tools/gadgets is ‘Eating Without Heating’ by Victoria Boutenko’s amazing two kid’s. It’s emphasis is simple, easy and delicious food. It’s very inspiring and some of my favorite recipes are in there! Check it out! Love n’ light, Leighstar

• Leigh star, I love your bio and your pic..which I thought was bigfoot for a minute from far away (hehe).

Hee hee! Thanks ambikalee! Your name is my name, too! I can’t believe how high it looks like I jumped,(I was actually trying to click my heels!) I guess it’s the power of the stripy knee socks! ;) I am very excited to check out the book you suggested, there are so many amazing books out right now all about uncooking love! My current favorite is ‘Ani’s Raw Food Kitchen’ by Ani Phyo. I read it like it’s the latest Harry Potter book! It is beautiful and incredibly motivating. I’ve learned so many fun and interesting tip’s about what ingredients are really beneficial for energy on a raw food life path and there are some great reminders on living lightly. It’s a good time! Love n’ light, Leighstar

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i would also recommend ani phyo’s, though i have only seen her youtube videos, which were REALLY helpful when i was i trying to learn how to make raw food. VISUALS are very important for me. she’s so so sweet.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qWvu0rKyWY4

• i have to agree with leigh star and pianissima – ani phyo is great. everything i have tried from her book has been super tasty and easy.

Hello all! I am so glad to hear that there are other Ani fans out there! As a beginner, her information she shares is easy to incorporate into your day to day life and so helpful! Now I am not so intimidated to cut a coconut and I have a whole new respect for the exotic world of dates! Mmmmn, honey dates! ;) The list goes on, I wish i had access to a computer with audio so I could also enjoy her on-line videos! Happy raw loving to you, Love n’ light, Leighstar

• I like Ani’s book a lot too. The most recent one I got is the Rainbow…something? I forget the rest of the title but it’s a Gabriel Cousens book. When I was reading reviews of his book there were some people saying he’s a quack, but a lot of the recipes in the book look tasty. I haven’t gotten a chance to try them yet. Has anyone used this book or know any other info about Dr. Cousens?

• I just got the same book “Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine”..I rmember the title casue it rhymes. I dont know about being a quack but he diffently has is own spin Low GI, eat lots of nuts and low fruit. I think that this might be perfect for some people but I dont know about everyone. The recipes looked good and realativly simple. I loe ANi’s You tube..Now I guess I gotta get her uncook book also!

Thanks for the tips Shining Raw Blossoms!

• I have many raw food uncook books, I’ve learned to simplify recipes and since I love to create I usually modify a recipe to suite me. I remember when I first started and how overwhelmed I was and frustrated I was at needing all that equipment. After spending a small fortune on equipment and a year and half later I’ve found my blender does most of the work. I don’t just as much through the juicer because I like to get the fiber as well. I would say next is my dehydrator then the food processor.

There are some really great books out there that have very simple recipes that are easy to make and you don’t need a ton of equipment. Rawsome by Brigitte Mars is a great one and I saw one this week at WholeFoods that was new and was solely on easy recipes to make raw foods. I’ll check it out and get back to you on it.

Thing is if you don’t have time to make raw foods, and you can afford it, you can order food already prepared for you from www.rawvolution.com and a few other places. Rawvolution has the best food, I’ve ordered from them and it’s delicious!

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

ambikalee…I love how you remember that title! It works and now I’ll never forget it :)

I posted a couple of EASY recipes on my blog that are super easy to make. Try them out. So delicious!

Chef Kristen Suzanne