Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

RAW Vitamins?

Has anyone heard of Vitamin Code's RAW Vitamins? I saw them in the market the other day and was wondering if anyone had tried them or read up on them... They sound nice other than the obvious "We should get our vitamins from the food we eat" argument. Thoughts?

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I've taken it but didn't really feel any different on it. maybe you should try it and see how you feel on it?

• I would only use them if you think you aren't getting what you need from food.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

if you're eating a balanced, raw diet, you definitely don't need vitamins. i don't take any vitamins or supplements and i feel fantastic!!!!

• sometimes a body needs certain supplements to assist it each persons needs are different and not everyone will need the same things for sure. i've been certified (post doc training) in a technique and evaluate peoples specific needs a specific remedy or supplement is chosen and appropriately dosed based upon what the body calls for it's been very helpful. in addition to helping patients i've been helped myself. i was having HORRIBLE hot flashes i can't even tell you how bad they were and then they got worse. so since i have no one near me who assesses with this type of work, i had to assess myself

and

found one single remedy that immediately (i know it sounds crazy but it helped immediately) nearly STOPPED my hot flashes entirely. i think people who already eat well are more sensitive to their systems anyway i know i'm quite sensitive to begin with so if there's any question as to WHAT your body 'needs' or wants.

happy health,

rona

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

GlitterGirl, it's so weird, because I saw them too for the 1st time today at the health food store and was wondering the same thing as you.

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

Ive seen them around for a while now, they look neat. I love reading the packaging. I take a multi vitamin just to be on the safe side, but i cant afford the 45.00 for the raw ones. Someday ill try them though!

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

synchronicity in action. I also was thinking about the Raw Vitamins. My needs would be for two things : to try to get my hair from falling out (been 7 months, still falling out) and because I read caffeine has an effect on vitamin absorption of calcium and iron. Calcium from all the raw foods I've looked at, doesn't have very many high quantities. It seems difficult to get enough Calcium on a daily basis (but i would love someone to prove me wrong) anyway. i was thinking i wanted to look at the vitamin code vitamins. hadn't looked into it yet. had no idea they were $45 yikes. I just quit coffee. i know i know. i just can't do it yet. wish i could take a cheap vitamin level test to see where i'm at right now.

• GlitterGirlGlitterGirl Raw Newbie

Lol - it's awesome that we're all thinking about it! I saw the Vitamin C's on sale for $13 but I didn't know the multis were $45... Yikes! I want to take one of those vitamin tests too. I'm going to look into it.

• Used to take Vitamin Code multis long before I went raw. They made a big difference for me- the kind of energy one might get from a fruit smoothie. I like them. Next best thing to getting them from food.

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

luxdivon- Have you tried heavy metal cleansing??

• Raw foodie Mike Dillman wrote a blog about raw vitamins that is editorial but kind of interesting:

http://www.realworldraw.com/raw-blog/2009/11/23/raw-vitamin-pills-what-for.html

• GlitterGirlGlitterGirl Raw Newbie

I read that blog but extremists don't usually work for me - I don't like that "one way" of thinking! That guy was just giving his opinion which seemed uninformed and, actually quite mean, the way he demeaned people that might want to try a vitamin... Thanks for the info though : )

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

I think supplementation is not a bad idea; there are plenty of long-term vegans who have suffered all kinds of problems because they didn't think they needed B12 supplementation (it's not just a myth, really). I've taken the Vitamin Code B complex, and I like them--I feel a difference, without the jitteriness I've experienced from other b supplements. And they're definitely cheaper than the supposedly raw "liquid b nanoplex," from which I've never felt anything.

These vitamins are way cheaper if you order them online, if you're interested. One concern I have with this brand is that they claim to have a vegan vitamin D3, which is pretty much impossible; there's suspicion that they get their D3 from lanolin, though the company claims that there's no animal product in the final product. There's sort of a discussion here for concerned vegans: http://sistahvegan.wordpress.com/2009/10/11/raw-vegan-organic-prenatal-vitamins/

For the record, you can get vegan D3 from mushrooms that were exposed to sunlight shortly after they were picked, but this was discovered pretty recently (earlier this year, I think) and I don't think any company could have begun a process to put this supplement form.

In case you guys were really interested.

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

Bushcrazyraw thats a really interesting article - thanks!

• Yes, I use the Vitamin Code Raw Vitamins every day. I notice a difference when I take them. There is a free, e-book download called the "Vitamin Code Book" which explains more about why Vitamin Code vitamins are so good for you. The book information can be found at:

Vitamin Code Raw Vitamins.

There are also a couple of good articles on why raw vitamin supplemenatation is good for you.

"Raw is Good for Your Health & Raw Supplements"

"Is Your Multivitamin Raw?"

This is an interview with Paul Nisson, the raw food expert.

To your health,

Healthy Woman