Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Coming off the Pill

sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Hi Guys,

I've just come off the pill after being on it for a really long time (13 years - yikes!).

Can anyone recommend anything to help cleanse my body as I'd love to get pregnant soon.

I don't want to do anything as drastic as the MC but any tips/advice would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

I have also just come of the pill over a month ago after having been on it for 10 years. I still haven't had my period (which was supposed to come last week), but I feel like it's coming on some days. I can't offer any help, because I am also wondering the same thing as you in terms of detoxing (although I don't want to get pregnant now). I just want to get rid of all the artificial hormones that I was taking.

• kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

a short water fast (1-3 days) and rest would give your body a break from digesting and would allow all your body's energy to go toward cleansing and healing. or eating just juicy fruits for as long as you like would give your body easy digesting and all the nourishment it needed to heal and cleanse itself. wish you well on your cleansing!

• I was on the pill for endometriosis and went off it last September because of a different health crisis. I haven't had another period since, and I'm 38. Not really complaining b/c no more cramps, but don't be surprised if you never have another one... The pill basically tells your body it's pregnant, and for me it was 14 yrs of my body thinking it was pregnant. Ooops...

I've done four short fasts too, very healing but still no period

• i've heard a lot about the power of maca to restore hormonal balance. rather than introducing hormones or phyto-hormones, it encourages your endocrine system to produce the right hormones in the right balance.

also, i'm a big fan of traditional chinese medicine, as it has been clinically proven to be successful with endocrine disorders, particularly infertility. my cycle stopped for non-pill related hormonal reasons and my tcm friend put me on herbs and they worked immediately! my cycle got right back on track and i have been regular for four months in a row now.

sv3, if you google acupuncture and fertility, you should get a ton of helpful info. acupuncture is tremendously restorative.

additionally, do not underestimate the power of your mind, intention, and will. hormones are essentially the body's system of communication. the pill has disrupted that communication for however long you were on it, but you can encourage its restoration by paying attention to your body and its cycles.

decide how you want your cycle to run and watch the moon. many women like to ovulate on the full moon (provides natural light for getting it on and such) and then menstruate on the new moon (gives the body and mind quiet space to reflect and cleanse). then sleep with a nightlight around the full moon and try to keep the room pitch black on the new moon.

and don't forget visualization for realization!

• the59soundthe59sound Raw Newbie

Glad to see you're getting off the pill! I refused to sleep with my significant other because she was on the stuff! (She's no longer ruining her great body, though) :D

I recommend following the laws of the body, and let Natural Hygiene be your guide. No need to fast, just eat fruit and vegetables, drink clean water, and get sufficient rest. You should be fine in no time.

• grapefruit.fanaticgrapefruit.fanatic Raw Newbie

Great choice; I just went off it after a long time as well!

I agree with 59 sound- I think your body will go back to normal just by taking good care of it. I got my period back 4 weeks after going off of the pill and have had normal periods each month - no problems. I didn't do anything to cleanse, and I've read that you can get pregnant pretty shortly after going off of the pill.

Good luck to you; your baby will be lucky to have such a healthy Mom!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Thanks guys, it's good to hear about other people's experiences and I appreciate the encouragement.

I am taking maca daily in a bid to help balance my hormones. I'm also feeling really positive about things and I'm happy about the positive changes I've made in my life.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

After stopping taking the pill, I waited a month or so and then went through a cleanse with my nutritionist at the time (Dr. Arial). She has since moved, but I believe you can access everything online. The cleanse culminates in a 3 days juice fast or MC (your choice). I believe I went MC, but cannot remember.

And, I was pregnant the next month!

• Wow thanks for sharing Kandace!

I definitely agree with TCM (traditional chinese medicine) and herbal solutions.

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

i've heard that you are more fertile coming off the pill that if you werent on it at all. (like how new moms are super fertile too) When my mom was trying to get preggers with me the doc put her on the pill for 3 months, and when she went off to start trying right away. it worked- here i am!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Hey Wichten, I've heard similar stories too but it's so hard to know what to believe when others say it can take months/years to get the pill properly out of your system.

Anyway, I've decided not to worry about it as this can only make things worse right?!