Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Can you juice a banana?

Has anyone juiced a banana? Does it work?!?!?

Comments

• Joanna: you just made my mouth water. I always get HUGE bags of oranges from my great-uncle's trees -- like the big, black, lawn size bags -- for Christmas, and I've been holding off on buying oranges until then - the sheer amount always burn me out a little - I will be trying that combo as soon as I get them, though. yum!

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

You could also try blending the banana with some water or other juice and then use a nut milk bag to strain the pulp.

• When I got my juicer (It's a Jack Lalane) the instructions specifically state to not try to juice bananas or avocados. They are just too "mushy" (for lack of a better word) and it doesn't work. It can actually hurt your juicer (at least that style). If you want to have a juice with bananas, juice the other stuff- like say celery and apple, than add into your blender with the banana.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Yeah, I wouldn't bother trying to juice a banana. Far too stodgy and will just waste a perfectly good 'nana!

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

nope doesn't work too well. i've noticed my juicer can't do mangoes either. it's most likely the consistency of them. as sisterbecky said, blending the banana with juice is always good. i like doing that with frozen bananas, pineapple chunks, and fresh o.j.

• My juicer also said not to juice bananas and even mangoes. It's funny because I've seen "banana juice" marketed, but when I read the label it was all artificial flavors. Yuck!

I usually blend bananas into smoothies, that has worked well for me so far. And if you have too many bananas, just freeze them for later smoothie-ing. ;-)

• that's good to know... I woulda done it if I didn't come here first.

• NyahzNyahz Raw Newbie

The only time I put bananas in my juicer is to make ice cream!

if you "juice" frozen bananas (I have an omega) with the blank attachment you get an awesome soft serve =)