RDA Calcium: Children 800, Adults 1200

Protein for 115 lb woman 2.2 /115 x .8= 41.2

Breakfast: Calcium Protein

2 orange 120 2

2 bananas 14 2

3 cups kale 271 6

Comments

• rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

RDA calcium needs is based on the milk companies studies, so you could replace RDA with milk company.

They are interchangeable!!!!!!

Protein is important for strength, i haven't seen any raw bodybuilders yet, so you got a good point there.

Did you know that whey protein was shown to lower cancer rates (not sure on the exact type).?

• Rawcanadian,

Thanks for the tip on cancer. I didn't know that. On my blog I linked sites that a body builder's story on a raw diet. Check it out. Search Protein

www.itveganatgenesis.blogspot.com

• keewikeewi Raw Newbie

Don't know where you got your rda for protien but its actually only 0.6 grams per lb of bodyweight, the WHO recommends even less at something like 0.44 grams/lb. This is extremley easy to meet on a raw food diet. As the other poster said the calcium is skewed due to milk company lobbying but even the rda for calcium is ridiculously easy to meet on a raw food diet :)

• Keewi, what do you get when using those measurements for a 115 lb woman?

• However much protein you really need (which no one knows anyway) this shows how simple it is to get the RDA required protein...Does that sound better?

Someone just posted that they are "failing at raw". I hoped that showing this chart (which took quite a bit of time to do) would be encouraging regardless of the amount needed or each individiual's needed about of daily nutrition.

• keewikeewi Raw Newbie

69 grams for the usa rda so your first number was about right, for some reason i read the numbers completely wrong and thought you were recommending 2.2 grams per lb of body weight :p . I like the WHOs recommendation better which would only put you at 50 grams but i think even that is an overestimate

• That may be my fault...I typed how I computed it and I used the / as the division symbol....we don't need much though and that's good. I've lost unnecessary muscle mass and look much better according to my hubby. It's amazing how little we need to thrive.

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Hey there!

I haven't been on this site in such a long time... I was wondering, so you wrote about calcium and protein in this thread, could you tell me what you feel are the best ways to get both?

My doctor is concerned with my calcium levels at 8.2 instead of 8.4. I'm b-12 deficient and my protein levels are low as well. I just recently added more sprouted (and occasionally cooked) Quinoa into my diet. I can't say I feel better doing it, but anything to shut my doctors up :) They keep trying to push Animal Protein on me and I'm just not doing it! All I seem to want to eat are Oranges!

I could use more examples/suggestions for Calcium... i'm open to anything if it's raw :)

Thanks!

Carrie

• I read that sesame milk is high in calcium, but if I were you I'll drink more green smoothies- with more greens like collards and kale or eat more salads. For instance I made falafels that turned out great and at it with a salad. I'll make some type of dip another time. Salads can get boring, but I try to eat huge salads with a main entree.

Here's the recipe:

http://www.veganatgenesis.com/2010/02/raw-recipe-go-green-falafel.html