Dehydrating Breads...

So I have a dehydrator that's not "old" per say, but older, (it belongs to my mom) and it came with a firm but flexible plastic sheet for one of the trays. I've tried to make "bread" on it twice now, but both times the top of the bread will get dry but the bottom will stay very wet. I tried flipping it over half way through but all the dough that was still wet just stuck to the sheet and made a mess and the bread ended up tasting kind of gross or something because I ended up leaving it in alot longer with the hope that the bottom would firm up. My dehydrator is circular, so I doubt I can buy a teflex sheet for it since I think those are only rectangular, any other suggestions? Is parchment paper a good option? I'd have to cut it in the shape of the dehdydrator circle each time with a hole in the middle so that it'd fit, which would be a big pain. Thanks!

Comments

• Yes you can use parchment paper, it works great. However, I think you may still need to flip the What type of bread are you making and how thick?

• I second the motion! Parchment paper

• It was a recipe that I found here, I think it was a mix of corn, ground flax, and a few other spices. I tried to spread it thinly but maybe it was still too thick. I'll just suck it up and cut out some circular parchment paper next time, thank you!