Dehydrator ?

we recently purchased an excaliber 5 tray dehydrator. Are first batch was some zuccini chips.We left them in about 24 hrs on 118 degrees yet they did not get crisp. Is this normal.Has anyone else attempted zuccini chips,if so how long and at what temp.

Comments

• yes- i am having the same problem- my zucchini (after over 15 hours of dehydration at about 115 degrees) is like fruit leather consistency. was hoping for the crunchy chips that the person who posted the recipe wrote about. :(

• FeeFee Raw Master

The only thing I can think of is that maybe they werent sliced thinly enough. I tried with sweet potato and after 24 hours they still werent crispy but then I realised that they were too thick. I hope you have better luck next time. Fiona

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I say let them go and go until they go crispy…they will eventually. Some people who live in colder climates will have longer dehydration times than those living in hotter places.

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

Slice them very thin, and let them dehydrate a long time…could be longer than 24 hours, if in a humid climate. Even so…I find they’re a cross between crispy and chewy. Still yummy though :)

Chef Kristen Suzanne