Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Non - almond/cashew milk substitute

I do not seem to be able to digest too much of nuts - so almond/cashew milk is not a good option for me as a milk substitute. What are the other options for raw milk?

Comments

• I use soaked and sprouted sunflower seeds. Lovely stuff!

• veghealthcoachveghealthcoach Raw Newbie

Seeds - pumpkin, hemp, sunflower.

Are you eating oats or other grains? You can do that as well.

• nsns

I use these seeds and their sprouts. Thanks, I will also try milk from them.

Do I need to first soak and sprout them before blending them into milk or should I just use the dry seeds directly in the blender like raw cashew and almonds?

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

I love hemp milk. Yum! Here is a recipe:

http://kristensraw.blogspot.com/2009/05/how-to-make-raw-vegan-milk.html

Cheers,

Kristen

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

you can even do mylk from sesame seeds (black or white) its got a good amount of calcium in it too. I think hemp mylk is the best though. chocolate hemp mylk is the schiz nit

• veghealthcoachveghealthcoach Raw Newbie

I forgot about sesame seeds! Look for unhulled too, although they may be a little more bitter.

• kuritekurite Raw Newbie

Just so you know for the nut/seed milk, even if you use "raw" agave its not actually raw they just call it that. All the enzymes have been killed and many consider agave unhealthy anyway

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

It's best to soak all seeds (and nuts) before using them to make a milk. You may even find that cashew or almond milk is tolerable if you soak the nuts first.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

What about coconut water? What are you using it for?