Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Wheat free ideas needed...

I've been interested in raw and doing raw recipes for a look time but I am really looking to become high raw. However, at the moment I find myself being verry cold sometimes and would love some healthy vegan cooked recipes to cook that don't contain wheat as I have just discovered I have another allergy to add to my long list lol xx

Comments

• Lentil chili is an AMAZING cooked vegan recipe that is very hearty, very healthy, and of course wheat free! This is not my own recipe I came across it randomly on the internet somewhere..

2 lbs lentils

3 peppers of your choice blended with 1 cup of water and 6 cloves of garlic in a blender

1 onion chopped

2 TB cumin

2 TB chili powder

1 TB basil dried

2 large tomatoes crushed

6 oz tomato paste

1 cup red bell pepper diced

I throw everything in he crock pot with 6 cups of water and let cook for 8 hours on low

Stir frys are great as well...

Chopped veggies of your choice sauteed with some cooked brown & wild rice, tad bit of coconut oil, add soy sauce and raw honey with a dab of peanut butter for a GREAT sauce

Think stews with veggies and potatoes, raw soups just heat them up slightly on the stove I even make raw zucchini pasta but heat up my marinara sauce so the dish seems warm to me!

Portobella burgers wrapped in lettuce or cut up in chunks eaten on romaine like lettuce wraps are delicious, nut burger patties would be great too.

Visit my blog http://www.simplyfreshliving.com/ for more recipes, pics, and food ideas. I stay away from gluten and wheat as much as possible as well :)

• here is a great site with lots of yummy gluten-free vegan recipes- enjoy!

http://www.fatfreevegan.com/gluten-free/index.shtml

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

steam some vegetables

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

I understand your goal to be high raw and not 100%. However, I think you might be decieving yourself with the reasoning of being "cold". I recommend watching this video. Perhaps eat a raw meal and then do some vigorous exercise afterwards to warm up. Eating cooked food doesn't make you substantially warmer, I don't really understand where people get that idea. I mean, think about it, perhaps you'll learn that you just set up a mental barrier for yourself; it might feel good to tear it down. Good luck : )

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

I was having the same hesitation but was talked into going raw because of health issues. I've just hit day three and already feel like I'm coming out of detox. To stay warm, I've started adding cinnamon, garlic, and ginger to a lot of things. I would add peppers for some more heat, but I'm allergic. I confess I still have green tea, and will add warm (not hot) water to soups to get them a little over room temperature.

I have TONS of food allergies (sounds like we're a bit similar there), and the easiest gluten free recipes are raw vegan. If you must have cooked, stir frys are easy and it's easy to get a lot of flavor by cooking the spices in coconut oil until the fragrances get going before adding the veggies (good spices include a touch of saffron, tumeric, cumin, garlic, ginger, etc. - no soy needed). Gluten free baked - look into the Flying Apron. They have a book out now - I live near their store and was so happy when I first found them. I am allergic to dairy, eggs, yeast, corn, soy, and many other things commonly used in gluten free baked goods. All of their baked goods are vegan and gluten and soy free, and most of their baked goods do not have corn or yeast. Their frosting - delicious and I'm convinced I can make a raw version ;)

There are a lot of gluten free resources out there, and since celiac is so common I think it's becoming one of the easier allergens to avoid. It's when you start stacking other allergies on top that it gets more complicated.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i haven't needed/or craved cooked food since i started eating a big dinner of soup or salad. i use 1/2 an avocado in both of them and that satiates me and warms me up. i also use room temp. veggies because i hate eating cold food (besides the greens- i keep them in the fridge). if you have to make cooked food, i'd go with sweet potatoes or spaghetti squash. spaghetti squash (just baked in the over with some holes poked into it) over a salad is just incredible.

• Thanks for all the advice guys :) That's a good point eecho about it all being entirely psychological I'd never really thought about that before, so that definately something to play with. Haha I feel your pain camiheartsraw I have a massive massive dairy allergy that often triggers a respiratory response which is unpleasant to say the least! I am also allergic to eggs and as I have now discovered wheat and my skin is sensitive to chemical cleaning nasties, bio detergent etc I am a fussy girl, but it certainly sounds like you have a very rough time finding stuff to eat which is why raw is soo good :D xx